View Single Post
Old 28-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Sir AntiLag

Adrian at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Adrian
Default Colin McRae back for Rally Australia

This should please those going to Rally Australia...

http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=5097

Skoda confirm McRae for Oz

Following a successful return to the World Rally Championship with the Škoda Motorsport World Rally Team at September’s Rally GB, Colin McRae and co-driver Nicky Grist will contest their second event of the season when they drive the Škoda Fabia WRC 05 at next month’s Rally Australia (November 10-13), the 16th and final round of the 2005 World Rally Championship. In Britain the 37-year old Scot finished seventh overall despite being absent from the WRC for nearly two years and having only four days’ testing prior to the rally.

McRae contested Rally Australia 11 times between 1993 and 2003, finishing the most demanding gravel rally of the year eight times and always inside the top six. He won the rally in 1994 and 1997.

Quotes:

Colin McRae: “Australia is an event I always enjoy going to, even though the surface and the nature of the roads makes it one of the most difficult in the championship. I have had some really good results there and, having shown at Rally GB what the Fabia can do, I think that we can get another good result this time because we should be able to make good use of our road position.”

Martin Muehlmeier (Head of Škoda Motorsport): “I am delighted that Colin has agreed to drive for us once again. His experience of this difficult rally will be important and we know that he will give 100% effort in trying to achieve the best possible result to end the season.”