View Single Post
Old 17-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

In doing what mods?

ECUTek can expect a change of injectors, turbo, front mount intercooler, wastegate actuator, stroker kits etc with a type 2 tune?

Awesome!

For the whole mods/tune debate I would use common sense judgement. Items that effect fueling or air flow into or out of your engine WILL effect the tune. However, since things like the environment keep changing there are safety factors in your factory ECU to prevent a car going pop because it just drove up the side of a mountain. This is why people say you can do certain things without tuning. It is also why you don't make any power from untuned mods (the ECU goes into a safe mode, just like windows and won't max out your performance).

So can you drive untuned, yes. Is it the best thing to do, not really. Where is the limit on where I should drive untuned? Up to you. Will I get sympathy from any workshop/forum when my car goes pop after running a bleed valve at 25psi with all my other mods untuned? No.

(P.S. I am aware this is a mega over generalisation of what goes on with the ECU, but just an easy way to explain it).