View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Scoobie Noobie

decksla at standard level
Default Help me get rid of my Brant! (or find me a solution)

Hi all

i recently bought this http://ozfoz.com/for...5&hilit=moe%27s and totally love it.

however, the previous owner (nice bloke btw) had the brant alarm installed and does not have the service keys (to unlock the alarm siren). i have smsed him to ask his alarm installer (who used to work for brant) if he has keys, or of a way of disabling it.

I have some mods I want to do (steering wheel, sound system, etc) but every time i disconnect the battery, it goes off. I haven't had the patience to see if it will turn off by itself (i live in a quiet court) but if i knew it did, i would happily wait the 5, 10, 15 mins for it to shut the hell up (most likely somewhere isolate) so i can be about modding on my way

So, my options are this

1. change the alarm. dont really want to as i dont want to spend the money and the brant itself is doing a splendid job. suggestions for replacement alarm, installer in Vic, cost, etc.

2. find a solution where I can keep the brant and still do the mods required which involve disconnecting the battery

now I know this stuff is sensitive in nature and could even sound more sus as I could potentially be a thief. however, if someone in Victoria has a solution, i will be more than happy to drive my Foz to them to show them i actually own the car and have not stolen it. receipts, vic roads info, whatever, even if its just to validate i own the car so someone interstate can post me a solution, i will be more than happy.

anyway, if someone can help, please sms me on 0431 730 290 or drop me an email on sales@megapc.com.au

cheers
dExTeR