View Single Post
Old 14-07-2011, 12:33 PM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

^^^ Hearing you Brendon. It just doesnt make sense. As others have said, you can ship your car east, get yourself there, pay for accomdation and do THC for Targa West money. 180 odd competitive kms, the roads are epic, (inlcudes a run up buller at the end of each day....no better way to work up a thirst) there are no repeated stages other than buller (would happily do that more than twice) and the atmosphere at the top of the mountain each night is great.

Re your car, I left mine in melbs between THC and TWP and had TMR prep it. (cant think of any more three lettered abbreviations starting with T. ) I wanted to do some extra work to it before TT (stroker ) so I brought it back, but ideally if you send the car there well prepped hopefully needing nothing more than the ususal minor stuff between rounds and have someone who can sort it at that end, leave it east (in Melbs after THC and then leave it in Tassie after TWP to save extra ferry trips) and bring it home after TT you will save some $. Drive on drive off cars are cheap on the ferry (car trailers arent) but it does cost a few $ for a sleeper for the night so leaving it close to Devonport and flying in and out of tassie would be the go after TWP.

Happy to chat anytime about some of the logistics stuff from WA.
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???