View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT_for_me View Post
I agree, I would love to have a direct comparison between Brembo 4 pots (STI) the Brembo 6 pots (S206), stock WRX and a couple of sets of KiDo's with similar rotor sizes to the 2 Brembo types. The problem is that someone will always pick holes in a test. The pads were different, they were not run in the same way, the wheels gave better ventilation on one car, they had different tyre with better/not so good grip, the ABS was an issue ETC.

Then there is the question of what to test. The pedal pressure, the stopping distance, from how fast, how many times, the "feel" etc.

Having said that I still would love to see an independent test with video if possible.
No need to do so much. Testing is about minimizing variables.

Test a STi with standard brembo brakes and the same model sti with KiDo brakes.

Both cars use the same pads. Both cars use the same tyres (brand and size). Both cars use the same new brake fluid.

Measure 100-0kmh distance.

Measure temperatures. Or measure how many repeated attempts you can have until fade is introduced.

That's it. Definite proof of which setup is better.

Don't bother testing against things like S206 brakes as we can't get a S206 locally. If you change pad compounds on the different setups that will negate all testing. If you change tyres that will negate all testing.