View Single Post
Old 13-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SCOOTER at standard level
Default FS: 1 spot at time attack day (Midland Speed Dome)

OPEN TO OFFERS. NEED TO SELL IT

I recently purchased a spot at this event but something has cropped up and I can't make it. There is normally a good mix of cars. Pm me if you would like to buy it. Details are:

Time Attack Track day at the Midvale Speed Dome. Sunday 25th November.

Spots are allocated on a first come, first served basis and if your name is on the list, you'll need to pay A.S.A.P.

We need AT LEAST 18 drivers with a maximum of 20 so everyone has as much track time as possible, and to ensure that the price of the day stays the same. Less drivers = more money per driver.

It will be a FULL day, but obviously you can come and go as you please.

The day will cost $175 including a BBQ lunch with hotdogs and salads.

The Speed Dome is a short course, so it suits quick accelerating and good handling cars, but there's a decent straight so your fast car can stretch it's legs a bit.

It will be an Autokhana/Superkhana/Time Attack style event, which essentially means driving really fast around a series of tight corners and short straights against the clock.

You will need your own, or access to the following things;

> Licenced & roadworthy car
> Helmet
> Long sleeve shirt and pants (cotton is best)
> Closed in shoes
> Valid Australian Driver's licence

No CAMS or AASA licence required

Your car will be scrutineered before you are allowed to drive it on the track.
Basically, make sure the following things are done;

> Battery is secure
> Seatbelts lock under tension
> Tyres are not completely bald
> Loose objects are removed from cabin
> Your car is not falling apart
> Your car is not leaking vital fluids

Cost is $175 - payable BEFORE the day please.
Price will include Hot Dogs and drinks for the drivers only.
Spectators are most welcome, but will need to provide their own food and drink.
You will need to bring your own;

> Seats/blankets/cushions to sit on during the day.
> Sunscreen, just in case
> Insect repellent, just in case.
> Don't forget your tools, and spares just in case!

There's plenty of room to make a mistake, so rest assured that the worst that will happen is your car might get a little dirty.
It's always good fun, and it's mostly at slower speeds, so drive at the pace that you're most comfortable with. Your times will improve the more you drive.
There's a chance of some professional instruction on the day too.

The money is NON-REFUNDABLE so if you can't make it, find someone else to take your place.
Make sure your car is reliable, and will last the whole day. The price is the same whether you drive for 1 run or 12.
You may drive someone else's car (with their permission of course!), but that car will need to scrutineered also if it hasn't been already.

Lastly, the track is for everyone who is driving on the day. Each run takes between 40 seconds and 1 minute 30 seconds depending on the track's layout.
Don't dawdle, remember who you're after in the running order so that you're ready to go when it's your turn to race.

If you're deemed to be unsafe on the track, you get 1 warning only. After that, no more driving for you.

You will need to let me know A.S.A.P. if you intend on driving, so that I can advise and pay the venue, and sort out the running order for the day.
Feel free to contact me with any questions that are not answered above ^^

Thanks

Last edited by SCOOTER; 20-11-2012 at 07:24 PM.