View Single Post
Old 19-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Perth WRX RSS Post Engine

rss.feed at standard level
Post Official: 2014 Subaru Forester priced from $21,995*

Filed under: Car Buying, Crossover, Subaru

Subaru has officially announced that its all-new 2014 Forester will carry a base MSRP of $21,995 when it hits dealerships early this year, (*not including $895 in destination fees). This represents an increase of $700 over the outgoing 2013 model.

That new price will net buyers the base 2.5i model equipped with a six-speed manual transmission. Subaru will also sell the 2.5i engine in Premium, Limited and Touring trims, though the automaker has not released specific price points for those models. These models are powered by a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 170 horsepower and 174 pound-feet of torque. Subaru says that with its standard all-wheel drive, the Forester 2.5i will be good for fuel economy numbers of 24/32 miles per gallon (city/highway) when equipped with the company's continuously variable transmission. Manual models see those numbers drop to 22/29 mpg.

The more powerful Forester 2.0XT will only be offered in Premium and Touring trims, starting at $27,995 (not including destination). These models are powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline four, sending 250 hp and 258 lb-ft to all four wheels. Fuel economy doesn't suffer terribly with this more powerful engine, as only the CVT is offered. Subaru quotes figures of 23/28 mpg here.

Upmarket Forester models are available with the company's new Eyesight driver assistance system and Starlink infotainment technology. Other new features available for the 2014 Forester include Hill Descent Control on CVT-equipped models, a rearview camera, power liftgate, navigation with smartphone integration and a 440-watt Harmon/Kardon premium audio system.

Scroll down for the official details in Subaru's press blast.Continue reading 2014 Subaru Forester priced from $21,995*

2014 Subaru Forester priced from $21,995* originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:44:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...