View Single Post
Old 18-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

glen93 at standard level
Default Brant - Low Idle in Valet

Hey guys, my newly acquired 2004 WRX with an exhaust and tune's negative battery lead came lose enough to reset the car, but backup siren came in for a little bit and then stopped, apart from time, radio and distance being reset, the Brant alarm has no lights on the keypad, then after a few days of thinking and starting, it seemed to be in Valet mode, it counted down from 9 every start, and eventually made its way to 1, me thinking that it wouldnt start, but the keypad just reset and then let me use my pin code again

I havnt checked idle since getting it out of valet, but, idle would sometimes drop to 300 - 400 RPM, which seems very scary, each time i thought the car had stalled, and it made for very bad take off's, but sometimes it would idle around 900 - 1200 which i thought was good, could this have been the valet mode? could it have been when the car reset? Can the verso tune be reset by the car?

Cheers for any help, im expecting the suggestion of "go drive the car now that its not in valet mode to check, but im not currently in a situation where i can for a few days, and the low idle problem is eating into me! :P

Cheers,

Glen