Thread: mods and pits
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

chevZ at standard level

Its funny you're posting this as i literally failed the pits today for the exact same thing (coilovers)

I know ive posted before saying nah nah you can definitely pass with coilovers thats all BS, and now im eating my words.

i'm on pretty good terms with my inspector and he explained it all to me and even showed me the document that they received from DPI/main roads a few months ago.. it pretty much went to every inspection place stating theres a change in legislation and that ALL coilovers will fail if not engineered/certified prior to the sticker inspection......... needless to say i was like 'fuck'. apparently they are being extremely strict on them and inspectors will be terminated if they don't follow it (obviously)

also did all the running around today to see what was needed and long story short it was definitely not worth the effort... picking up stock struts off stevelang tomorrow.. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiz View Post
And do coilovers need to be engineered these days?

thanks in advance
Yep seems it.

Inspector also told me (unsure of truth?) that only way they will engineer them is if they cannot wind down far enough to make the car lower than 100mm.. so most people apparently weld a bead around them to stop it.. but why the shit would i want coilovers if i cant slam the car. :P

Last edited by chevZ; 07-03-2013 at 07:41 PM.