Thread: Targa Tas 2013
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Thanks guys. Took it pretty easy today because we didnt bother doing recce for the two stages today as they dont count overall.

I cant emphasise enough to those at havent been how good this event is.

Hendy lasted 100m into the first stage in his R34 before something broke. We saw it up on the hoist at tyrepower as we drove by so hopefully it is an easy fix.

There are already 3 gtr's nursing problems and we havent even started proper yet. Given the length of the event (620km comptetive) versus something like targa west (<200) i cant get my head around going flat out from the first corner but inevitably that is what happens.

We have put the car on e85 this year and it is making some more power which is nice. We are also running some wider rubber but we havent done any testing with it so that will be interesting to see how that plays out. car certainly felt grippy today. however out of 21 targas there has only been 1 dry event. We also put a brand new transfer case in last week and have another one sitting there incase this one decides to crap itself like it did last year and like it did at targa west.

The field is down a bit this year on last year but there is still about 210 cars. Amazing array of cars from the 1930's up to brand new lambo's / porsches etc.

If you follow targa on facebook the give some good updates and post pictures of all the cars that inevitably decintegrate over the week.

Anyways the car felt really strong today and tomorrow the fun really starts!

Brendon