View Single Post
Old 31-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Gordon91 at standard level
Unhappy replacement key - 02 wrx

Hey guys.. i had the misfortune getting my keys nicked off a resteraunt table while i wasn't looking the other week while i was staying in perth

. I bought the car , and it only came with one set of key's from VW osbourne park, next to subaru , i've been told by other people that every car should come with 2 sets of keys... what are your opinions?...

i had to get my car towed there ( thank god for RAC ), and upon arriving they told me it was over 600$ per key to get it done. ( i have a remote built into the key if that makes a difference) .. i didn't really have a choice , i live down south, was stuck in perth the whole weekend , and i couldnt get it towed elsewhere cause it was a hassle. Did i get ripped off?.. i thought it was insanely expensive , the way he explained it was they looked up the key configuration and wireless passcode from my vin number.. i'm thinking the key itself might cost 40$... so where did the other 560$ of my hard earned money go?..

all in all i got 2 keys and it cost me 1260 or so... i wont be making the same mistake again, just want to ask if anyone else has had similar experiences?..