View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Scoobie Noobie

vsp44 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti View Post
Early wrx have the bottom tensioner. Anything after 2001(bug eye )has the tensioner with the idler attached. Either they have sent you the wrong kit or you have a 98 wrx with a 2001+ short block installed at some time
That is strange. The history on the car makes no mention of any engine transplant. I also took it to the same service center (as the previous 2 owners - had a full service history) for many years (it was brought new from them). They never mentioned anything about an engine transplant. Is there any way that I can verify this such as an engine number or something? If so, where do I find the number?

The pulleys consist of 2 idlers the same size, a toothed idler and a pivoting tensioner (above). Note that the car does not have the small idler (to the right of the tensioner) found on later models. I would be very surprised if this car had anything but the stock motor. I purchased the car with fairly low kms on it about 10 years ago from the 2nd owner. The car has zero modifications, stock as a rock.

Last edited by vsp44; 08-12-2013 at 04:38 PM.