View Single Post
Old 19-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Rexit at standard level
Default Air con noise/ power drop - warrantee issue

Hi guys,

My 2011 wrx air con makes an easily audible tick noise, followed immediately by a momentary drop in power, followed by a quite whoosh of air flow through the vents.

This cycle occurs every 15 second whilst underway (It doesn't do it while in park).

It occurs regardless of air con setting, inside or outside temp.

So obviously it is really peesing me off, specially with cruise control up and down the freeway.

I have searched and found that it is a known problem amongst o/s wrx owners but couldn't find any info on this forum.

Cause - I believe (from o/s forums) it is caused by the compressor cycling on every 15 seconds.

Another reason given was the air con belt slipping... but I don't think this would give such a regular repetition???

It cycles on, blows cold air, then cycles off....and repeat 15 seconds later.

Warrantee issue - I have taken it to Peel Subaru and taken the head mech for a drive.

He acknowledged the tic/ reduction in power/ whoosh.....but then tried to tell me that there was nothing wrong.

He said it was just the noise they make.

I told him that it was detracting from my driving pleasure and was not something I should have to tolerate...

He apparently sent a info request to Subi HQ for clarification and they have said it is not a known problem and therefore not able to be fixed under warrantee.

Advise please - has anyone else had this problem? What was the outcome? What should my next step be?

Any advice on this vexation would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited by Rexit; 19-02-2014 at 09:38 AM.