View Single Post
Old 31-10-2014, 11:29 PM
STI Master

dnbosiris at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deza992450@gmail.com View Post
Hi all.

Have been working on installing a new head unit today for my 2015 WRX. Pioneer x8550bt with toyusb and aswc-1 was testing the aswc was working and had a solid red connection. Turned ignition off and connected few more wires for head unit. Switched ignition back on and was getting no lights on the aswc unit. Turned ignition back off and also connected antenna plug into head unit and when testing again I found I had no interior lights working no door interior no visor and no front ceiling lights were working. I then found out that my ignition wouldn't start either was not even turning over just silence. I plugged in the MFD and reset the time and dates etc.. And when I turned off the ignition and turned back on the MFD was displaying default settings again. I thought I'd try disconnecting negative terminal on battery and plugging that back in again and nothing.. I've unplugged all head unit and Aswc connections now. I've noticed that when switching ignition off there seems to be some sort of like crackling or static ( hard to explain) noise coming from the engine bay that wasn't there before.

Got me beat.. I'm a noob when it comes to this.
Sounds weird mate... Maybe call a few car audio shops tomorrow you might get a friendly one who will help you over the phone. Alberts ossy :thumbup:Park