View Single Post
Old 30-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

red dragon2002 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [GTI] View Post
The POLO 1.4L Twin Charge motors were not the best motors. Two colleges have a POLO GTI, one has just had a rebuild and the other is in talks with his VW dealer about the same thing.

The Golf is pretty solid. The only issue I had was the aftermarket parking sensors.

The VW DSG gearboxes had a lot of issues, but the Golf GTI boxes escaped the major issues. The biggest thing with the Golf was the gearbox tried to engage 1st & 2nd when starting the car (then quickly disengaged second) and causing internal errors / LIMP modes. This was solved by VW changing the TCU or reflashing the TCU.

Retuning is cheaper if you go with a plug & load controller (~$700) similar to COBB or a bit more expensive to go get a custom tune (~$1200).

I will be getting my car serviced / tuned through RAMP AUTO GROUP, but there is plenty of Euro workshops around willing to logbook service.
Thanks for the info . I was thinking of a manual trans . Hmm you may have restored a bit of faith in my decision ! Maybe should have bought a golf instead of the polo