View Single Post
Old 30-07-2015, 10:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by red dragon2002 View Post
3 - 4 weeks is good ours was 1L a week ridiculous ! Ye the dsg in the polo was pretty sweet . Last question I promise , you have had a few cars over the years so how do you rate the golf ? Thanks Dan

P.s if I end up with the golf hope you can give me advice on mods ect
Before his rebuild VW had it for a week testing it and it went through 2.5L which makes a Rotary look efficient.

It would be fair to say I have had 5 cars in the last 5 years. The Golf is by far the most refined. It doesn't punch you in the face like the MPS, not as raw / fun as my DC2, more comfortable then my VE and reminds me of my WRX. I think it really combines the best features of the MPS, Integra and WRX.

It is a really really nice car, hasn't really aged in regards to technology and styling. Stock suspension and tune leaves you wanting more but my H&R progressive springs and the tune will solve that for now... but there is a big aftermarket following worldwide so parts are easy to get and not overly expensive by European standards.

The biggest thing for me was I wanted a car that handled great, has power potential with the stock engine / gearbox, big aftermarket following, less cop attention and turbo. So the Golf was amongst the ST Focus, XR5 Focus, etc.