Thread: MY99 Impreza
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Scoobie Noobie

N117 at standard level

Work got shut down today, so might as well carry on with this. So nothing has changed cosmetically, with the exception of the wheels. They were stock 16" rims that were painted black. Changed them to set of 17" Rays RS Zero's. She has a bit of gravel rash on the front from driving. That's how it goes on the public roads I guess. Gear box packed it in a couple of months back. Didn't have access to a hoist so the decision was made to pull the engine to aid in installing the newer 6 spd transmission. This quickly escalated from there. Since then, me and a good friend of mine have done the following...

Install RA Spec C 6 spd
Install R180 with Spec C plated diff
Fitted GD clutch master and slave
Lightened flywheel with heavy duty exedy clutch, was convinced to keep it organic for mechanical sympathy reasons....and the fact that I wanted to not break anymore transmissions
Upgrade to custom billet shafts and stronger CV joints....I was also sick of breaking the stock STi ones too
Fitted BC coilovers for the suspension with whiteline stabilizing bars 20mm front and back
Sti Ra V limited cluster.
Upgraded entire fuel system: parallel fuel rails, 1200cc injectors, -6 teflon fuel lines, tomei fuel pressure regulator, washable fuel filter, 345 raceworks fuel pump and fitted a flex fuel sensor.
Upgraded to a killer-B oil pick up and windage tray
She had an Autronic ecu, but upgraded to a Halltech elite1500 with all the fruit, oil pressure, oil temp, air temp, water temp, fuel temp, fuel pressure, O2 sensors and 4 can expansion for individual thermocouples. I liked the idea of individual cylinder management. Ecu also has Rally spec anti lag, rotational idle and launch control enabled
Fitted oil pressure, boost and water temp gauges in car...ecu has the saftey features, these are just so I can see with my own eyes and wank factor.
I want to keep it looking close to stock so I upgraded to a GD STi TMIC, I made custom brackets so she would still fit under the stock STi carbon fibre strut (which was a prick to do by the way)
Phelonic spacers to minimise heat transfer
VF34 turbo
Upgraded all hoses and connections
Tidied up the wiring and touched up the engine bay

And it won't let me upload pics atm. They will follow later I guess