Thread: Future of PWRX
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Hey all y'all.

It's very good to see some interest in getting things moving a bit more, and interesting to see rarely-posting members come out of the woodwork to share their thoughts and opinion about the forum. It shows you that while people may not post lots, they are looking.. hell it's it's midnight on Tuesday and there are 120+ people online right now.

Having been on here for nearly 9 years, I think that Perth-WRX isn't 'dying', it' just the typical ebbs and flows, ups and downs, weekly fuel-cycles… call it what you will :P
There's always just a handful of people that ever make anything happen, and when you go past that critical number that move on or slow down and nobody takes their place then things can stagnate, as they have here a bit lately. It's not anybody's fault – but if people want things to happen bad enough then they do something about it – as is happening now.

All I really want to say is that anybody involved in the… hmmm.. 'revitalisation' of Pdiddy SHOULD find it in their best interest to talk to the appropriate people who have been involved in this sort of thing before – for any of the events that would be planned. It can save time, save money, and help get the best outcome re: growing the community.
I also think that if a core group would like to get things rolling then a social meeting for all interested individuals should be held SOON. There are already Perth-WRX events being planned for early next year; let's plan them as best we can.

And I'm happy to be part of things! I'm on the WRX Club of WA committee; work at MC Motorsport (think 'RAC skid pans' for anyone who doesn't know it); and have been on here for nearly a decade so should be able to offer help from some of that.

Peace out.