Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2016, 01:36 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

I still wasnt 100% happy with the oil drain collector. So I got my TIG on and built a new one out of alloy. Free-er flowing directly out of the turbo. Has more internal volume, which i think is needed as after shutdown there is still a bit of oil in the lines and system that can fill out the collector. And its higher from the ground for better road clearance. Forgot to mention in the video, but approx 120mm to 130mm from the ground. Which on my car the Tein Monoflex's have about 100mm total travel on the front. So, about 50mm of bump travel or so, and similar droop travel. Which means it should give me enough clearance, unless i actually hit something like a curb or go offroad haha. It technically even gives me clearance to the exhaust which is 80mm off the deck at its lowest, which is between the wheels aswell which is better than out front, or mid way between the axles. I may raise the suspension a further 10mm, and when i eventually wear these tyre out I will possibly go up to a 295/35R18, which will give a slight increase there too.