View Single Post
Old 17-05-2017, 10:51 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Mick at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosschop View Post
Just bought a 07 wrx yesterday. Has a vf34 turbo, Sti tmic, 3inch tbe, blow off valve, pod filter, and manual boost tee. It does not have a boost gauge and I have no idea how much boost it is running. I've been told it's had a tune. It seems to have a tune as it runs rich and high rpm on cold start up for certain amount of time. And it seems to be well tuned.

I need to find it what boost in running and adjust. Which of the following should I do

1. Install a boost gauge, go for a drive and adjust boost to say 15psi? ( what is acceptable boost for above mods? Id most like go 2psi under as its just a daily and I want to look after it)

2. Install factory boost solenoid and forget about it. (if I do this, will it just adjust to around 14-15psi and everything else be fine?)

3. See a tuner and spend money to get it tuned and adjust boost. (my least preferred option as I assume this will cost 500+ which I'm not prepared to spend right now).

Hopefully you guys can help. Thanks

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
For piece of mind take it to a reputable workshop $500+ is less than a cost for a potential rebuild. They can also advise as you appear not to have a full understanding of your cars level of tune!