View Single Post
Old 23-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

@ Seagull so what you're saying is that it will be fine with the GT3071R Turbo but maybe perhaps tuned moderately? The guy who I bought the turbo from was running it with EJ205 and he had it in his car for a demo to potential buyers and we tried it before I bought it... he said it will be fine running at 18 PSI.

Do you think this is true? I will eventually get a rebuilt motor later on this year, still saving up for it and almost there but I was hoping to spend $6-7k with a strong bottom end and service the heads etc which according to my research seems to be what most people do but EVO R said anything GT30 above turbo would need a build EJ207 top to bottom and would cost $12k... is this true?

I was really hoping not to spend that much especially when I won't be going to tracks, it will be for daily street use and even then there will be very limited opportunity where I will drive really hard because of traffic etc. I only drive it to work and around for meetings etc, on the weekend I drive a family SUV coz my missus hates the noise LOL

Would be keen to really know your opinion on this because I really like the Turbo but want it to be running safely too.

Thanks Seagull