View Single Post
Old 15-08-2017, 11:18 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level
Default Update

It has been a few years since I have updated this thread due to travel/building a house/wedding taking up most of my time and funds, but in the last couple of months I have completed the following:
- Swapped out the struts for some new KW coilovers. The cornering grip is unreal now, with the rebound rate of the coilovers spot on for my liking. Surprisingly more liveable day-to-day than the Spec-C gear that was on the car before. Car also sits ~3.5cm lower each corner which has greatly improved the visual presence imo.
- Got the Stechnic boys to remove the Brant entirely. That was a happy day
- Got a new Aluminium gear knob to replace the aging original leather one that came stock. It was an el-cheapo from eBay but am actually pretty happy with the look/feel.
- Finally got my arse into gear and installed sound deadening to all doors and front footwells (see pics). Amazed at how much difference this has made! It is without a doubt the best $30 I will ever spend on my car, with road/wind noise about 50% less I reckon. Really has made daily commuting that much more livable Was actually a fun bit of tinkering too, always nice to learn a bit more about how to take bits apart n fit them back on again...only busted one clip too lol

Other than that, the car has been faultless, with over 320K kms on the clock now. The plan with the car now is to run it until it finally carks it, then it will become my long-term project as I have wanted to sand it back, straighten it up and re-spray for some time now. Will also give the engine a nice refresh at that point too.

In the meantime to keep my tinkering urge satisfied I have a couple of cheap mods planned, being:
- Install second water bottle reservoir in the front wheel arch space to use as IC water spray.
- Paint the front and rear skirts white to colour-match the car and make it look a bit lower.
- Remove the gear knob boot surround and replace with a piece of Perspex as I think the gear linkage looks pretty cool. Easily reversible if it ends up looking crap lol

Will chuck up some more pics of the car when these have been completed.

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1925.JPG (1.63 MB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1928.JPG (1.91 MB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1933.JPG (2.05 MB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1934.JPG (2.04 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1937.JPG (1.97 MB, 24 views)