View Single Post
Old 13-02-2018, 05:21 PM
STI Master

Patch at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingslayer567 View Post
Apart from the fact that the ej205 is open deck and the ej207 is semi closed what ive read online has lead me to believe that the ej207 heads were a fair bit better than the ej205s due to more airflow. How accurate is this and is it worth getting a ej207 long block?

Also the turbo in it at the moment is not in a good state. What do you guys recommend?
Ej207 heads are better for flow and have improvements to cams and valvetrain. What year model they have come off will affect how easy they are to fit to your car. 2000 WRX is a non-AVCS model (active valve control system), if you can find a non-AVCS EJ207 long motor then it would be fine, else you'd have to delete it or convert the whole car with new wiring looms and aftermarket ECU's. Really depends what you can find and what you're prepared to spend, I went with a Version 6 STI EJ207 conversion a few year ago for sub $10k, but they are getting harder and harder to find.

VF34 is a very common turbo choice for the 2.0L and easy enough to find. I've got a VF28 on mine, dynoed at 236 hp, ran a 13.0 on the 1/4 mile with an EJ207 and basic bolt ons.