View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 02:54 AM
Scoobie Noobie

kingslayer567 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Get a V7 EJ207 short block and use existing heads or recon heads if required otherwise if you use different heads it'll require different sensors, wiring and ecu hugely increasing costs.

firstly the ej207 block is much stronger, as the 2.5 is essentially a bored out 2.0l.

secondly the ej207 v7 comes with factory 'forged' pistons.

basically this block is a lot stronger than the ej257 so you can push it further without having to build the short block.

Most VF turbos are similar in what they output VF28, VF30, VF34, VF35 etc
The v7 ej207 block im gonna get directly from subaru for $3.2k and while thats being put in the heads are gonna be machined for $550 each which includes new springs.

The mechanic also suggested doing cams and the oil pump but i think that blows the budget out a bit. He quoted $7.5k total if i did minimal for 300kw and the cams would push it out even further with a bigger turbo.

Last thing is that theres a lot of things wrong with the car atm. When i replaced the exhaust it had a huge exhaust leak due to shit gaskets which made the boost pressure oscillate like crazy from 17 psi down to 8 repeatedly. Putting a new gasket has made a huge difference but it hasnt stopped oscillating and I dont really know what to do about it. Ive heard a tune might make a difference.

The knock sensor and o2 sensor code has been given and it has really bad fuel economy. Only getting 300-350 kms per tank so MAF sensor probably needs replacing as well.

I have a few questions to you lads.
Is 7.5k an good deal for an installed ej207?
Are cams and oil pumps worth putting in on a budget?
What can I do about oscillating boost pressure?
And lastly where should i get sensors from?

Btw the wrxs at race wars were incredible. Hopefully some of you were there and raced.