Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Apexi Power FC Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/apexi-power-fc-discussion/)
-   -   Power FC Idle Learning Procedure (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/apexi-power-fc-discussion/46077-power-fc-idle-learning-procedure.html)

RamWRC 28-11-2011 07:00 PM

Power FC Idle Learning Procedure

Ok first of all, I have a MY98 WRX with mild mods. I'm planning on resetting my power fc so it can go through the idle learn procedure again. I don't think it was done correctly the first time at All Star as my aircon wasn't working at the time. Now that I've fixed the AC, it f*cks my idle, so through searching I've discovered this is a good start.

Just a couple questions before I do it that I couldn't find any info on. Since it will be resetting all the maps, is it safe to do it with bigger aftermarket injectors fitted? And secondly, with the narrowband o2 sensor disabled.

I'm not sure if those are dumb questions or not, I know nothing about ECU's tuning and so on. I'm asking on another's behalf, just so he can clarify before doing it.

Also to confirm the procedure, after resetting the ECU, I need to let it idle for 10 minutes, turn the AC on and let it idle for another 10 minutes, and then turn the demister on and leave that for 10 minutes. Quick question about that, it doesn't say whether or not to leave the AC on or to turn it off when turning the demister on?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Sam

MattuZ 28-11-2011 07:18 PM

search paulr33 on google and find the power FC FAQ website

everything you need to know

Rossco 28-11-2011 07:42 PM

If you don't know what your (or your buddy) are doing leave it alone!

You don't need to reset the pfc to do an idle learn, if you do you'll lose the injector & AFM scalings set up by the tuner.

there's a short cut to get the power fc to do the idle re-learn, but at the risk of someone who has nfi making a mistake, you'll have to find it yourself.

RamWRC 28-11-2011 07:50 PM

[QUOTE=MattuZ;630932]search paulr33 on google and find the power FC FAQ website

everything you need to know[/QUOTE]

Already been through it. Doesn't answer my questions.

[QUOTE=Rossco;630938]If you don't know what your (or your buddy) are doing leave it alone!

You don't need to reset the pfc to do an idle learn, if you do you'll lose the injector & AFM scalings set up by the tuner.

there's a short cut to get the power fc to do the idle re-learn, but at the risk of someone who has nfi making a mistake, you'll have to find it yourself.[/QUOTE]

We have datalogit, with my whole tune backed up, so we won't lose anything. What is this short cut? Everywhere I've searched, it tells me you need to reset the ECU to do the idle re-learn?

RamWRC 28-11-2011 07:51 PM

Oh, and neither of you assisted in my original questions what so ever... :rolleyes:

magic1 28-11-2011 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=RamWRC;630942]Oh, and neither of you assisted in my original questions what so ever... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Good time to posted in the shits me thread

Rossco 28-11-2011 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=RamWRC;630942]Oh, and neither of you assisted in my original questions what so ever... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

And now No one ever will.

Go find it yourself.

Dak dak boom /end

RamWRC 28-11-2011 09:23 PM

Wow. So much for a forum where people actually help each other!

Any decent people left on this forum that is grown up enough to assist me?

Rossco 28-11-2011 09:58 PM

It's at the corner of get a map, and fuck off

tuna 28-11-2011 10:07 PM

power-fc.

left, left, left, up, down, uppercut, uppercut!