Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Apexi Power FC Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/apexi-power-fc-discussion/)
-   -   Power Fc Problems (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/apexi-power-fc-discussion/50587-power-fc-problems.html)

Faz 17-08-2012 01:27 PM

Power Fc Problems

Hey Everyone

so i had a power fc installed and tuned about 2 weeks ago,
and now i am experiencing some problems.
First of all im no ecu expert or mechanic so be nice,
im only 19 and still learning lol.

First problem; starting the car every morning before heading to work , it struggles at a really low rpm for a couple of seconds before idling at a normal RPM, is this normal for a cold start, im just worried it could be damaging my engine because it dosent sound very healthy.

Second problem; a lag in acceleration, most noticeble when taking off in first gear there is quite a lag from when you push your foot on the accelerator until when the rpms increase and is quite annoying.

If any one can help thanks in advance.

REXXXED 17-08-2012 01:57 PM

Spins me out every time when people post things up like this.

Who tuned your car and installed the power FC?
Call them and speak to them about it.

Even if someone on here can tell you the issue you are experiencing with your car, you will have to call them and take it to them to fix anyway, yes?

They probably didn't adjust the idle etc when installing the ECU to your car and it could be something very simple.

STiV6 17-08-2012 04:19 PM

With my power fc when I start the car it instantly jumps to 2.5k revs and then drops to idle, cold or not.

Pretty sure I saw you y esterday on Safety Bay road Sam. Around 5ish just past big brews.

REXXXED 17-08-2012 04:24 PM

Wouldn't have been me, my car was way NOR by around 5ish yesterday

RoughStilin 17-08-2012 07:04 PM

Its more than likely, either running too rich, or too lean at idle, when cold. When you say it struggles at low rpm <2500 is this when its cold or warmed up to operating temp?

tuna 17-08-2012 09:01 PM

Problem a) faulty iac valve, get it cleaned
Problem b) tps maybe faulty
Problem c) check tune

johnvk7 17-08-2012 11:13 PM

Motec

Rossco 17-08-2012 11:26 PM

Menu,v,v,>,v,v,v,>,^,^,^,^ exit!

JasonVr3/5/7 11-10-2012 02:47 AM

currently Im running too rich as base map after a re-set..even the Sard FPR was @?$%...so wat do i do? everytime before starting the enjin, during ACC, i just go to SETTINGS, IGN/INJ corr then advance the timing to +8 and reduce inj duty to 0.730 ...the rex is drivable...'ish ....

still scratching my head....wondering how to tune it....oh, before anyone asks, there are no tuner in my country.... ;(

Kremer930 11-10-2012 06:47 AM

Jason- Sounds like you should not have installed the power FC if there are no tuners available. You can do a lot of damage to your engine if not set up correctly.

Faz - definitely discuss with your tuner.