Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Blogs > monkeee
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

1. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

Shane, sounds like you have a good relationship with Dean and Rob etc. I would mention it to them. I would say that you are not fussed by it, and it's 4 years ago, so you're not complaining, but you are a little disappointed that a part you paid for and to be fitted was not actually fitted. I think it's within your rights to do that
  2. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

Yeah it is a bit frustrating but I am not holding that against MMS. Not like Dean or Steve or Rob would do that, more a slack employee.

How the car has run with a bigger turbo @ No Limits + RAC is beyond me hahaha. All I can say is thanks to RaceTorque for a good tune.

Car runs extremely smooth now. No more rough/hesistant startups or stuttering on acceleration.

Good stuff.
  3. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

Good to hear its back on the road Shane,
    Pretty disappointing to see that what you paid for wasn't fitted !
  4. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

Good to see its back on the road.
  5. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

Car is back on the road lads.

Yep fuel pump + filter were the culprits. Was not pumping fuel. More interestingly when Jim pulled out my fuel pump it was NOT a walbro pump that I was charged for about 4 years ago at MMS rather it was the stock fuel pump (I have "Supply and fit 500HP Walbro fuel pump" on my invoice from the time I had the TBE + tune done).

No point in complaining or blaming MMS because trying to prove the error would be a waste of my time (yes I have the invoice but this was 4 years ago; pointless). Also the negligence of one employee should not reflect upon the entire organisation. Steve was always a gentleman to deal with as is Dean. They have always treated me well and I will continue to use them when needed.

Walbro pump is now in the car + new fuel filter. Also the Brant keypad has been disabled as this also stopped Jim from starting the car after the fuel problem was fixed. Will be seeking an Autowatch system asap.

Must say a massive massive thank you to Jim and Jarrod @ Blue Star for always finding time to fit me into their busy schedule.

Bring on No Limits on the 12th.
  6. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

Thought that I spotted a mention on facebook last night that the fuel pump might have been the issue.
    Any updates Shane?
  7. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

If you've been limping it home on a bad MAF, plugs could be fouled and need replacing/cleaning.

Pull one and have a looksie.
  8. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

Air leak? CEL codes thrown up?
  9. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

Re-read the manual and you are right James. Manual says @ 105,000kms or 7 years (whichever occurs first) and the car is now 7 years old. I'm not entirely convinced it's spark plugs though.

Replaced the MAF with a new one (did not pay much for it because I did not buy through Subaru) and I still have the same problem. Took the TMIC off to check the throttle blade wasn't getting stuck or congested with dirt (manifold cleaner.

Am out of ideas so flatbed booked for Monday. Off to BlueStar for the fix.

And yes, the piggy is going to be a weekender/track car only. I am going looking for a cheap Subaru Liberty/Impreza/Outback run about.
  10. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

90,000? i thought it was 112,500 or 125 on your car shane?
  11. Old Comment

Piggy y u no start!?!?!

On a side note, it could also be my sparkplugs. Have never replaced them and they are due for replacement @ 90,000kms according to the service manual.
  12. Old Comment

No Limits -15th November. Need Practice.

Where's the dislike button in these blog areas :P
  13. Old Comment

*this is the same thing he says every year :-p
  14. Old Comment

But why lowering so much?

Everyone else is saying they are running 36-38 hot on street tyres.

Too low and you will have more problems.

Fluid has been cooked, try new and as said get the instructors to jump in with you. That's my plan for next year as I need to learn2drive!
  15. Old Comment

Cheers Kym.

The QFM A1RM's Alex. Front and rear. The rears are near brand new and the fronts have a lot left on them. DBA4000's front and rear as well.

I think the tyres were at 36/38 (I had Bob Jane fit them in Mt Lawley because I ordered the tyres through them).

I will lower them to 30/32 psi for the next no limits.
  16. Old Comment

You're complaining about fluid but what pads do you have in there?

And you said you think that your tyre pressures were too high and that you should drop them to 28-30pis, But why pressure do you think they might have been at on the night?
  17. Old Comment

Shane, you didn't look "slow" out there, so I wouldn't worry about those times. Especially since it was your first time out there. As the others said, you will improve with more practice. Get as much time with the instructors as you can, some of those guys are great. Even let Ducky or Franz drive your car for you, so you can see what it's capable of, and give you something to really aim for!
  18. Old Comment

Ah okay, I will run them at normal temps next time around lads. The fluid is pretty new Kato (less than 4 months) so I'm going to say I am on the brakes too hard too early for too long haha such a bad combination.
  19. Old Comment

Wouldn't worry too much....go to a few more No Limits nights and the times will drop naturally.

I ran 38 hot on street tyres. Bit lower now on AD08s as the sidewall is already stiffer
  20. Old Comment

Around 34-36 cold should give around 40psi hot, which i found to be good, but thats how i prefer it.

All you will need is seat time with instructors shane. The times will fall as you become comfortable with the track, speeds, lines, braking points.

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!