Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-07-2009, 01:30 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
like seeking a permit, i dont see a problem with the laws.
its like new source of income for the NSW government more like. Guess you gotta pay to play right ?
Old 16-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Sir AntiLag

Jim621 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post

Just another rule by some government muppet trying to cling on to his 100k a year holiday desk job.
+1

although if someone lowers their car 15 cm then it is most likely going to be dangerous!
Old 16-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX View Post
From August 1, car owners will be limited to raising or lowering their suspension by no more than five centimetres, and all modifications will need approval from Roads and Traffic Authority engineers.
And...?

If there are set guidelines on 'acceptable' mods and you can get a sticker saying it is all legal... Why not do it?

If everyone modded their cars legally, there wouldn't be half the issues going around.

The problem is, most people perform something illegal on their car, which may look or sound cool, but effects the engineering of the car. That needs to be stopped.
Old 16-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

I love how HOON has became so esoteric these days. He doesn't want to see these young HOONs putting their or others lives at risk.....Isn't that what the definition of hooning is, as preached to us ad nauseum for the past few years?

I agree with Kato, some car owners are just silly and it's the cowboys that need to be weeded out, not the enthusiest who spends thousands making sure everything is done to a higher standard than any ADR.
Old 16-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Doesn't it say need permits if raised/lowered AFTER August 1st. Hurry up get it done and keep the fitting receipt in the glove box.
Old 16-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Stevo B at standard level

Mmmmm, this is a tough one. The old school rule was to find the lowest point of your car and being able to slide a coke can under it (375ml cool drink can), if any lower than that, your'e busted (if caught). Then again, at least they are giving car owners who enjoy modding vehicles and recognize although it is happening, maybe it needs to be policed. I think, it is up to the individual. You take the risk of being busted, but remember if an accident occurs and lives are at risk, the finger is pointed at you. Other than that, enjoy
Old 16-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
And...?
Was just pointing out in reference to your last post. You said approval needed to be sought for more than 50mm alteration. The article states any alteration must seek approval and that more than 50mm will not be allowed.
Not trying to start any shit fights at all...

Actually if I read the article right, it makes reference to suspension height, but no mention of ride height. I wonder how it affects guys with 4x4s that have stock suspension with bigger wheels for example. Body lifts, are they classed under the same ruling as suspension?

At the end of the day this article is about a law in NSW. Lets just hope it stays over there.
Old 16-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Sir AntiLag

bumpstop at standard level

All those commonwhores on 20's with springs that fail to stay captive certainly don't help the situation.

Honestly, if you can't jack a car up to change a wheel (or more commonly for me an antenna) without the spring falling out of place then it certainly isn't "modified", it's a fucking abortion!
Old 16-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

bumpstop at standard level

Oh, and furthermore, it's because of people conducting unsound modifications to cars that brings us to all the permits, approvals and other requirements we have in place or being implemented.

I work on a lot of cars and I see some god awful stuff. Trust me, there are a lot of people doing things to their cars that they should just leave well enough alone.

Something as simple as 6" speaker not screwed into the rear shelf of a sedan has the ability to be a fatality causing missile in an accident! Think about how many cars you see driving around with speakers just sitting on the rear shelves of cars.

Any idea how many cars I see with non secured batteries in the engine bay?

Or wiring that people have fashioned into a fire hazard that defies logic as to why the car hasn't already burnt to the ground?

And almost every one of those 4wd's with the big suspension and oversized tyres that I have worked on can't turn full lock, they start rubbing and grabbing, and what truly confounds me is that being a 4wd wouldn't you want as much functionality from the suspension as possible?

The list goes on and on, so thank the armchair experts and backyard hacks for helping make things the way they are going!

Last edited by bumpstop; 16-07-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 16-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I don't know what you are all concerned about.

ITS WA FFS... we are at least 5-7 years behind the rest of the country... This article may be aplicable to the NSW drivers, but it will be a while before we see anything like this here. We are too focused on getting hoons off the roads.

NSW already has no p-platers in turbo's/v8's rule, if WA was serious about following their lead on any laws, they would have addopted this one, to try and limit the amount of young and inexperienced death's on our roads.

I'd say, give it at least 5 years... even then, it will probably still not even be close to being implemented.

Tags
approval, government, mods, suspension