Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   Saving F&^king Lives (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/30635-saving-f-%5Eking-lives.html)

MKVIGTI 06-12-2009 10:57 PM

Saving F&^king Lives

Just felt like a bitch about the absolutely awesome revenue raising effort I saw today coming back along the new Mandurah Bypass.

Where it drops back from 110 to 100 there is a bridge about 400m later and surprise surprise there is a cash register there.

Can these f&^kwits honestly believe it is anything other than revenue raising. 80 odd km of Freeway till you get to the city and they put it just after the speed change when there is no valid reason for the speed reduction other than noise abatement.

First time I have done the trip on the new road and boredom & fatigue not speed comes to mind as the likely highest causes for accidents in the future on this stretch not speed.

xeon 06-12-2009 11:14 PM

[QUOTE=BlackSTi;414200]Just felt like a bitch about the absolutely awesome revenue raising effort I saw today coming back along the new Mandurah Bypass.

Where it drops back from 110 to 100 there is a bridge about 400m later and surprise surprise there is a cash register there.

Can these f&^kwits honestly believe it is anything other than revenue raising. 80 odd km of Freeway till you get to the city and they put it just after the speed change when there is no valid reason for the speed reduction other than noise abatement.

First time I have done the trip on the new road and boredom & fatigue not speed comes to mind as the likely highest causes for accidents in the future on this stretch not speed.[/QUOTE]

Dad got done last weekend by cops on bikes hiding under that bridge. Brand new highway is certainly very safe for 110km/h+

He picked up several multanovas both ways between Perth and Bunbury with the radar detector, but got caught by instant on of the laser, doh! :(

Looks like a hot spot guys, be warned!

Fozzy 07-12-2009 12:04 AM

Here's an idea. Choose your speed Choose your consequences.

We all know they are out the none of us like them, but they are a fact of life and are only going to get worse. Carrying on like a spoilt schoolgirl won't help.

paulmp 07-12-2009 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=Fozzy;414209]Here's an idea. Choose your speed Choose your consequences.

We all know they are out the none of us like them, but they are a fact of life and are only going to get worse. Carrying on like a spoilt schoolgirl won't help.[/QUOTE]

That may be so.. and I in no way condone illegal or dangerous public speeding.. but 400m, hiding behind a bridge? They aren't trying to save lives.. they are trying to raise money.

If they were trying to save lives and get people to slow down, they would do what NSW has done.. fixed speed cameras with 3 warning signs. Anyone who does get caught.. wasn't paying enough attention and shouldn't be speeding anyway or.. was going *WAAAY* too fast and couldn't slow down in time.. either way, they deserve a ticket.

A more effective way to slow people down is to have fixed radars that fire away randomly all over dangerous and hot spots.. that way people with radar detectors will slow down.. and usually they are the ones speeding. You would have to randomise it though so that people don't just ignore them

Just my thoughts anyway...

- paul

fobz 07-12-2009 01:13 AM

Government stupidity again... speed camera's catch one type of offender - speeders.

Here is a list of dangerous things that speed cameras do not catch
- Bald tyres
- Broken tail lights
- Drunk driver
- Drugged driver
- Broken mirrors
- Driving without headlights (I see this all the time)
- Fail to keep left

The list goes on. Unfortunately the govt will not change their policy because
there is no incentive for the people who control such things. It is far too easy
to collect their fat salary, blame hoons, and sit on their lilly white arses in their
aircon offices until the cows come home.

How about taking the camera's away and actually keeping police officers out on the roads ?
At least they will catch people for doing OTHER dangerous things. How about stopping
and fining the many morons on the road who drive without their headlights on !

FFS, how about making auto-headlights mandatory. That would save lives.
$25 from Supercheap and you're done. But sensible policy is only a dream.

Rant mode: OFF.

daveygravey 07-12-2009 06:59 AM

[QUOTE=fobz;414216]Government stupidity again... speed camera's catch one type of offender - speeders.

Here is a list of dangerous things that speed cameras do not catch
- Bald tyres
- Broken tail lights
- Drunk driver
- Drugged driver
- Broken mirrors
- Driving without headlights (I see this all the time)
- Fail to keep left

The list goes on. Unfortunately the govt will not change their policy because
there is no incentive for the people who control such things. It is far too easy
to collect their fat salary, blame hoons, and sit on their lilly white arses in their
aircon offices until the cows come home.

How about taking the camera's away and actually keeping police officers out on the roads ?
At least they will catch people for doing OTHER dangerous things. How about stopping
and fining the many morons on the road who drive without their headlights on !

FFS, how about making auto-headlights mandatory. That would save lives.
$25 from Supercheap and you're done. But sensible policy is only a dream.

Rant mode: OFF.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you, my mates a mobile mechanic and he see's some cars in pretty bad states, some guy called him an said his wheel bearings had gone, Scott went to look an he had wires hanging out on all his tyres which was causing the noise the guy thought was his wheel bearings.

Unfortunatly there are many morons but its easier to carch a speeder..

NVRENUF 07-12-2009 07:37 AM

As much as we complain it will never change So i figure why the hell complain about it.
If you Dont speed then you dont have to worry do you.
If you do speed and get done then bad luck.

though i do agree with whats said above, I just see it as they can put them anywhere if im not speeding then i have nothing to worry about.
If i do get done well thats my dumb ass fault.

my 2 cents

Voot 07-12-2009 09:47 AM

its not as if they dont tell you the speed changes from 110 to 100 anyway

cant miss the gigantic yellow sign

and you can pretty much predict there will almost always be a camera there anyways

FFOUR 07-12-2009 10:30 AM

I haven't had a speeding fine in 3-4 years, its not that hard to keep your money and points really.

Working out when and where cameras will be is fairly predictable in Perth.

I don't agree with it either but it is what it is so learn to deal with it.

MKVIGTI 07-12-2009 10:50 AM

Don't get me wrong. I'm smart enough to wack on the cruise control @ +1 or 2 KP/h and not get booked.

Just shits me that they can honestly hand on heart tell the public they believe this is having a positive impact on their safety.

It's like working for Rio F*&king Tinto. Treat everyone like 3 year olds!!!