Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   Scarborough Beach (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/32570-scarborough-beach.html)

American Dave 02-03-2010 10:25 AM

Scarborough Beach

The wife and I decided we would go with friends to have a meal yesterday down at Scarb Beach. We get there at 11am and discover that there is fark all restaurants there and some are not even open (holiday). We go to one that is open and we are told by the manager.."We are not seating or serving between 11am and noon. No breakie or lunch. WTF? Observation City no longer has a restaurant and by the looks of things is just a run down mess. Its also the only beach hotel so god only knows what the few tourists who do arrive there think. Top it off there are modifying all the traffic islands and its a nightmare just to cross the road. We are truly the worst in the world when it comes to tourism and service despite have more pristine white sand beaches and crystal blue water coastline than the rest of the world combined. Fark Scarbs.

Kato 02-03-2010 10:36 AM

WA has epic potential to capitalise on tourism...

Unfortunately too many greenies worrying about the sand dunes or someshit stops it.

Trading laws and high overtime rates kill trading on public holidays and weekends.

evlgurl 02-03-2010 10:40 AM

Agreed, the tourism here is a joke.
And whatever is open cost's more than double what it would normally cost.

Jimmy S 02-03-2010 11:06 AM

Dome should have been open? surely?

But, agree... Gay!

Chaddy 02-03-2010 11:20 AM

Can you imagine what all the rich folk who shelled out $1M+ for a place in that new apartment complex on the south end will think. Good old greenies and councillors always looking for a step backwards.
If only the Whitesands hotel could be wiped out and something decent put in its place....

Rossco 02-03-2010 11:42 AM

Scarb's is a JOKE now.

Nothing opening because no one goes there any more, Small businesses going broke all over the show.

The city of Stirling is trying to make it more 'family friendly' by keeping young people away (hence why Scab's Macdonalds was shut down).

The absolute mess that is the access to the carparks now is ridiculous.

You can't drive from the north carparks to the south one without going back onto west coast drive. The give way sign turning left out of Scarborough onto west coast has gone.

Wtf are the councils designers thinking???

The Lookout & Club A are being left to rot by the owners of Rendevous in protest to their forced closure by the city of Stirling.

The place has exactly ZERO atmosphere now, it's a shit hole....... AND it's an empty shit hole 90% of the time.....

Well done City of Stirling.

American Dave 02-03-2010 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=Jimmy S;435746]Dome should have been open? surely?

But, agree... Gay![/QUOTE]

dome was open but standing room only at the time and tables were tiny at best

American Dave 02-03-2010 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=Rossco;435755]

The city of Stirling is trying to make it more 'family friendly' by keeping young people away (hence why Scab's Macdonalds was shut down).
[/QUOTE]

If Macca's pulls up stumps then you know its time to get out of there.

teejay 02-03-2010 11:56 AM

bring back the old days of top carpark skids on a sunday!

EXPLICIT 02-03-2010 12:09 PM

Yep bring back the skids at least there'd be some atmosphere to speak of!

Dave, all the chefs are at soup kitchens in the mining sector, chasing the big bucks, you know that :D

Josh 02-03-2010 12:31 PM

I went to Cafe Del Pescatore on Sunday and that was open? Really nice food too. Just next to Plaka? Not sure about Monday though!

We had a problem at the Breakwater yesterday with changeover between breakfast / lunch though. Make it hard to order food!

phizzle 02-03-2010 12:56 PM

2 for 1 Nandos vouchers going unused people. Think about it.

WA Tourism - Where the bloody hell are we?

Strubaru 02-03-2010 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;435755]Scarb's is a JOKE now.

Nothing opening because no one goes there any more, Small businesses going broke all over the show.

The absolute mess that is the access to the carparks now is ridiculous.

You can't drive from the north carparks to the south one without going back onto west coast drive. The give way sign turning left out of Scarborough onto west coast has gone.

Wtf are the councils designers thinking???

The Lookout & Club A are being left to rot by the owners of Rendevous in protest to their forced closure by the city of Stirling.

The place has exactly ZERO atmosphere now, it's a shit hole....... AND it's an empty shit hole 90% of the time.....

Well done City of Stirling.[/QUOTE]

hit the nail on the head thier rossco

DAN682 02-03-2010 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;435763]bring back the old days of top carpark skids on a sunday![/QUOTE]

Oh the memories I had as a youngen P Plater in that carpark.

I Still remember being on a cruise with West coast cruisers or whatever they called themselves and having the cops block off the exits with their horses.

Funniest thing I had ever seen at the time.

nang3 02-03-2010 02:00 PM

yep PERTH in general is one big fuckup compared to Melb/Syd/Bris/Gold Coast etc..

overpriced, boring, over regulated shithole with fark all to do, no tourism, no coastal developments etc..

dont even get me started on the fucking POS freeway, 3pm yesterday (public holiday) and it was still down to 60-70 at the hepburn 3-->2 lane fuck up

ACE 02-03-2010 02:07 PM

I thought you were having a moan about the Surf on Sunday and Monday. Flat as bro, no good!

Strubaru 02-03-2010 02:13 PM

we used to have so much fun down there as kids although going down there now i think my generation ruined it for future generations :(

having said that though it was so much fun chucking bog laps down the carparks, doing burnouts in oil someone had accidentally spilt all over the end of the carpark :o hanging out in the carpark in huge groups talking car shit til 4am

so apologies from all the 30something bogans from yesteryear :D

Jimmy S 02-03-2010 02:37 PM

Ah the memories... Sitting on the limestone wall with a choc-milk after a decent surf just watching the chix walk past... soo many good times! :D

American Dave 02-03-2010 02:40 PM

Its slightly off topic but directed at Perth's tourism appeal...my parents who are active divers / photographers have been coming to Perth since 1988. They call Perth (affectionately) the back to the future city...last July they suggested we go somewhere else for their visit to Australia this year...we are of to Bali for 10 days in July and will spend way less than having them stay in Perth.

PS...I drove by the Ferris Wheel on the river yesterday and noted it was being repaired on a Monday public holiday...farking LOL.

gorotsuki69 02-03-2010 03:01 PM

was in Melbourne couple of weeks back their ferris wheel is taken down for repairs.

American Dave 02-03-2010 03:10 PM

Lol

Rossco 02-03-2010 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=Strubaru;435816]we used to have so much fun down there as kids although going down there now i think my generation ruined it for future generations :(

having said that though it was so much fun chucking bog laps down the carparks, doing burnouts in oil someone had accidentally spilt all over the end of the carpark :o hanging out in the carpark in huge groups talking car shit til 4am

so apologies from all the 30something bogans from yesteryear :D[/QUOTE]

We had a ball Hey!

Surf all day - Party all night.....

We were even featured on Hinch! :icon_butt

Remember Kc's chicken Satay burgers???

Zero's ?

teejay 02-03-2010 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=DAN682;435803]Oh the memories I had as a youngen P Plater in that carpark.

I Still remember being on a cruise with West coast cruisers or whatever they called themselves and having the cops block off the exits with their horses.

Funniest thing I had ever seen at the time.[/QUOTE]

One of my all time favourite memories of the car scene ive been part of/seen -

Sunday arvo, packed car park, white gemini .. looking fairly bunky to be honest. Fairly loud on idle though, wierd sound.

Comes out of the car park, waiting to turn left onto west coast....

BRAP BRAP, clutch drop, wheelspin, external gate... into second.. more of the same... into third, by this time its past the capark still wheel spinning and belching gate, clicks 4th, more of the same as the sound disappeared down west coast hwy.

After collecting my jaw off the ground, found out it had a series 6 rx7 driveline and massive single.

Never ever saw the car again either, but several years later did run into its prodigy - a yellow gemi running a 13b turbo. The black dakker did subi proud :D

American Dave 02-03-2010 03:55 PM

LOL Teejays "white whale"

cool story bro :D

Strubaru 02-03-2010 04:03 PM

oh yeah ross, i even remember when kc's used to be 'happy granny's' used to play 720 & bubble bobble for hours on end out the back :D

mmm zero's icecream, & that tom fooleries joint was the bomb too

and that huuuge gravel carpark that is now highrise (the old snakepit site) and that other carpark that used to be next to pete's...hillclimb spec :D

hendo's red datto doing nuts in the lower carpark one of my fondest memories, lukes massive black F100 we all used to jump in the back of and drive up and down the stairs between the upper lower carparks :D

the things you do when you're young and stupid and drunk

Rossco 02-03-2010 04:09 PM

The yellow Gem with the 13b turbo, still sporting the nanna spec rear venitian blind!, (& MAZGEM plates) is still around...it lives out Midland way.

Kc's was next to Macca's! (between macca's and what was the game arcade)

Lol at grab a grannies!

720 'Skate or DIE!!' and their bubble bobble that I used to use cheats on.....

Hendo's Fj20 powered 1600 was epic........ when it wasn't smashing half shafts or ejecting exhaust wheels :D
Brett's Rs2000.......
Hoona's turbo charade (the stealth oil dumper)

teejay 02-03-2010 04:18 PM

Mazgem is the one. Apparently owner has a dead stock one, same colour, to deal with "rego issues"

:)

DAN682 02-03-2010 04:21 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;435875]Mazgem is the one. Apparently owner has a dead stock one, same colour, to deal with "rego issues"

:)[/QUOTE]

bwahahah

WIN!

BALISTC 02-03-2010 04:31 PM

Its such a fucking shame.. I drove through there a couple of months back, its the biggest fail in history.

No people, no atmosphere, nothing is open and what is open is hardly worth visiting.

NVRENUF 02-03-2010 05:11 PM

It's a tough one. Perth is so behind the times and slow and boring.
And I cant see any of that changing until at least our generation
makes it into Positions of power.

On the same note, I couldn't see my self moving either.
I do also like that fact we can get around our city pretty easy and quickly compared to bigger citys. I love living where i do and having every single thing at a stones throw away.

Our freeway is a joke, but at least we dont have to pay tolls to drive on it.

Perth is also probably the most sheltered place in Australia in regards to Weather and elements of the earth , we dont really have major cyclones or flooding or any other devistating events.

Crime is high but not as dangerous as other states.

So we may be boring and behind the times but its not 100% a bad thing.

I would love the shops to be open 7days and night times though.
amongst other things.

I also agree scarb is a joke, it makes you wonder what goes through these peopls heads when they make such dum kunt choices.

that hotel used to be great, obviusly they dont care any more
which makes you wonder surely its burning a hole in somebodys pocket.

ImPreSiV 02-03-2010 05:11 PM

Between C.o.S and MRWA its turned into a joke. Its a shame to see it all go to waste!

Sunday burnouts at the top car park used to be killa! Sitting in the back of a ute filled with water, cheering them on! At least people used to go.

My boss lives on Sackville Tce and he can't even be bothered going to Scabs for a surf now because its just too hard to get there... They have almost made it impossible to park ur car anywhere near it.

teejay 02-03-2010 06:27 PM

The problem was business owners thought young guys were keeping families and dollars away.

They were very very wrong.

wawa 02-03-2010 08:26 PM

the so called restoration of scabs really shits me. Have been down there a couple of times and only found the kebab and gelato shops open for food. Not to mention that those bloody roadworks means that my bus which travels from Scabs past me street ranges from anything from being on time to being 20 minutes late which means I miss my train to the city and then miss my connecting bus to Vic Park for work!

Strubaru 02-03-2010 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;435917]The problem was business owners thought young guys were keeping families and dollars away.

They were very very wrong.[/QUOTE]

and all the young blokes (then) are the ones who want to bring thier families down now

dtrally 02-03-2010 11:38 PM

Knock over that eysore Observation City (whatever they call it now) and rebuild the old Scarborough Hotel complete with the beer garden that used to look out over the ocean.

Is there even another Hotel on the West coast that has a ocean view from the beer garden?

There was much protest back in the day of that development going ahead, lots of people sad to see the old Hotel knocked over.

NVRENUF 03-03-2010 07:30 AM

[url]http://scarboro.info/history.htm[/url]

I was interested in seeing this hotel looked like you speak off
found this site

teejay 03-03-2010 10:25 AM

[QUOTE=Strubaru;435960]and all the young blokes (then) are the ones who want to bring thier families down now[/QUOTE]

No, they arnt, because if they were there would be money flowing in the area instead of everything going under.

American Dave 03-03-2010 10:29 AM

Do not go to scarbs

jEstEr? 03-03-2010 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=dtrally;436000]Knock over that eysore Observation City (whatever they call it now) and rebuild the old Scarborough Hotel complete with the beer garden that used to look out over the ocean.

Is there even another Hotel on the West coast that has a ocean view from the beer garden?

There was much protest back in the day of that development going ahead, lots of people sad to see the old Hotel knocked over.[/QUOTE]

Mullaloo?