Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   Car bottled, would this be worth following? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/41735-car-bottled-would-worth-following.html)

N1GHTH4WK92 22-04-2011 01:15 AM

Car bottled, would this be worth following?

Tonight I was driving around alond Read St at about midnight, when a silver VZ/VY commodore, lowered to the ground with black rims (20s?) pulled up alongside. We cruised next to each other for about 25-30s when a passenger in the backseat threw a bottle at my car.

I panicked and decided to boot it not wanting more damage, then thought 'fuck! I need to get the plates!'. I slowed into a bus stop but unfortunately the car must have seen me do that and turn off (I was a fair bit ahead).
The driver had arm tattoos, dark, shoulder length hair (like in a dreadlocky style thing) and was a slim-medium build.

I went for a cruise up and down until about 1:45am (police station was shut and a cop car basicly palmed it off to the 131 444 number but I will call tomorrow) when I saw the same car. I did a u-turn and caught up to it, got the plates and pulled up along side. There was a female driver and no occupants however the car is pretty identifiable, especially if it comes up as the male owning the vehicle.

Would it be worth a shot going into the police station and giving this information and the rego of the car on the second sighting or will they just not bother with it? And for insurance purposes, is it worth getting the scratches patched up?

mark1 22-04-2011 01:25 AM

Geez that sucks man, Rockingham bogans strike again! Might aswell give the coppers the info so you can get a statement for the insurance company if you go that way, What is your excess? It may not be worth claiming depending on your policy.

N1GHTH4WK92 22-04-2011 01:27 AM

I currently pay about $3500 per yr insurance. From memory excess is $800-1000...

mark1 22-04-2011 01:32 AM

$3500! :eek: Get some quotes to get it fixed and if it's less than the excess sweet. Not sure how it would effect you no claim bonus etc.

zmk 22-04-2011 04:47 AM

Just tell the police you saw this car doing a burnout, they will get in more shit than if you were to tell them about the bottling incident.

ImPreSiV 22-04-2011 08:17 AM

Just go to motorvation next January, byo bottle

I'd report it and definitely get your car fixed

jasonmurray 22-04-2011 08:29 AM

Any pics of the damage to your car?

Also, whats his rego so we can keep an eye out for him?

teejay 22-04-2011 08:37 AM

A commodore with big shit wheels and a bogan tattooed rats tail rolling fuckwit driving.

No way

N1GHTH4WK92 22-04-2011 08:51 AM

Will try get pics up when my photobucket starts working again but you guys won't really think it's much considering other pics on here, however I notice it easily being my pride and joy.

Parents reckon not worth lodging a report due to no physical evidence against them (there is a servo on that road so don't know if a camera pointing onto the road but again, not showing plates). Plus it was a passenger so if he denies knowledge of it, there goes the case anyway.

ImPreSiV 22-04-2011 08:56 AM

You can definately report it. You have physical evidence, the damage to your car. Your word against his, you'd win if you had to argue the point. Lodge a complaint with rego, get it fixed and move on. If anything happens to the guy or not is out of your control.