Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   Idiots giving sports cars a bad name (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/51356-idiots-giving-sports-cars-bad-name.html)

Sonic 06-10-2012 05:51 PM

Idiots giving sports cars a bad name

So I was in the car park of mandurah movie theater today around 3:30, was there with the family, when a guy in a blue 1998 wrx with a huge blow off valve pulled up. Didn't think much of it until I heard the roar of his exhuast and sound of his bov when hit redline and smashed second gear right there in the car park with women and children everywhere!! Was seriously pissed off and felt embarrassed to jump into my wrx after seeing the shock on ppls faces.
It was a stupid and dangerous thing to do if I had time to take his number plates I would of reported him

MY05GT 06-10-2012 06:05 PM

"Huge blow off valve" how much bigger was it than a regular bov, jk lol, seriously though it does suck and gives us all a bad name in the eyes of the general public/media when clowns like that get behind the wheel and drive like di#kheads. Even if you got his rego i bet nothing would of eventuated from it

Sonic 06-10-2012 06:09 PM

[QUOTE=MY05GT;714425]"Huge blow off valve" how much bigger was it than a regular bov

I was talking about the sound it made, not all bov's sound the same this one in particular had a loud venting sound,

And yeah it's no wonder cops give us a hard time

teejay 06-10-2012 06:17 PM

I blame the Perth WRX and Antilag mods.

Dan [GTI] 06-10-2012 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;714431]I blame the Perth WRX and Antilag mods.[/QUOTE]

[I]When were the mods updated to be able to control actions of idiots not on the internet...[/I]

misterward 06-10-2012 06:23 PM

I think I know the gc8 your talking about, if it's the same one I'm thinking of I seen him do the same thing going through the forum today, and yes it is quiet embarrassing getting in to your own car after seeing some twat doing shit like that :-/

Dan [GTI] 06-10-2012 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=Sonic;714424]So I was in the car park of mandurah movie theater today around 3:30, was there with the family, when a guy in a blue 1998 wrx with a huge blow off valve pulled up. Didn't think much of it until I heard the roar of his exhuast and sound of his bov when hit redline and smashed second gear right there in the car park with women and children everywhere!! Was seriously pissed off and felt embarrassed to jump into my wrx after seeing the shock on ppls faces.
It was a stupid and dangerous thing to do if I had time to take his number plates I would of reported him[/QUOTE]

Everytime I see an idiot doing this it shits me also, especially in the school zones around my area. [I]"WE GET IT! you like to show off to the 14-17y/o girls"[/I]

It makes me cry inside also when I see a great car ruined my someones poor taste. EG: a R32 GTR lowered on 18" Chrome wheels :confused:

XT43 06-10-2012 06:38 PM

Lost interest at Mandurah.

DukeDrifter 06-10-2012 06:47 PM

thats why u save all your driving for night, i live in nedlands i get weird looks doing 10kms under the speed limit

Sonic 06-10-2012 08:16 PM

[QUOTE='Dan [MPS 3];714435']Everytime I see an idiot doing this it shits me also, especially in the school zones around my area. [I]"WE GET IT! you like to show off to the 14-17y/o girls"[/I]

It makes me cry inside also when I see a great car ruined my someones poor taste. EG: a R32 GTR lowered on 18" Chrome wheels :confused:[/QUOTE]

LOL they dont realize who ever there trying to impress actually thinks there just wankers

Same as guys pumping their music loud enough to be heard 2 streets away, not impresive at all just looks stupid