Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1448Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2016, 09:35 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

I was wondering when this would come up. I was expecting Daz to get an email, message or call from ASG at some point, but I don't think he ever directly mentioned ASG (?) everyone else just put the pieces together.

I have read (and re-read) Daz's thread heaps of times and it isn't a shining beacon of recommendation for ASG's EJ building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZENCI View Post
It took an amateur to find out the first time the engine got pulled apart before even sending it to a machinist. I'd be fucking ashamed and no doubt you are.
I wouldn't call Daz and amateur

Last edited by Dan [GTI]; 07-02-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
so you fucking stupid cunts posting up on facebook to the current owner...
Nice blanket blame dude. Not every Perth-WRX+Facebook user+ASG customer had something to say or got involved. I certainly didn't.

Quote:
Don't just keep shit to your self and brush it off.
I completely agree with this sentiment. For any workshop experience. However as soon as someone has outlined negative experiences about another garage, they have been met with being labelled as a bully or fan-boy by garage-x customers/supporters and pm'd with legal threats. This is why people keep shit to themselves (on both sides of the fence). Share experiences, then let people decide who they want working on their car.

STechnic maintain my car by way of servicing, and I use ASG for parts/mods installation and tuning. I have nothing but praise for both because I have had all positive experiences from both so far. Until I have a negative experience, I will continue to use them. I have had two issues with another garage, I shared that experience (without emotion, just posted straight up facts) and I no longer use or recommend them. That's how it should be - people should post their experiences without emotion. It will save them from threats of libel/slander (well, in some cases) and will save them from alienating themselves from their peers.

At the end of the day, if you're a reasonably intelligent person you will realize that there will be stories of both positive and negative experiences from just about every workshop. It's unfortunate that not everyone's history is 100% customer satisfaction but that's just how things are. You see the exact same thing in other car communities where people with outrageous builds swear by one workshop and then half a dozen people reckon they're a bunch of monkeys.

My advice to the young kids/new members on SOWA and my Year 12 students who ask me about workshops is always this - ring around or visit, ask some questions and go with your gut instinct (eg. whoever gives you the most confidence in regards to their answers and enthusiasm for working on their car).
astralex, Rossco, Soksta and 2 others like this.

Last edited by TROLLEY; 07-02-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
My advice to the young kids/new members on SOWA and my Year 12 students who ask me about workshops is always this - ring around or visit, ask some questions and go with your gut instinct (eg. whoever gives you the most confidence in regards to their answers and enthusiasm for working on their car).
One thing I have seen in the last few years is a lot of these new owners clearly lack the ability for critical thinking and don't possess the ability to make rational decisions...
amtrapid likes this.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

I feel like I've missed something here...

Can I just threaten legal action to feel involved or something?
Old 07-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

I think the way they've handled it has probably done them more damage than the poor build has.

Im amazed the previous owners have remained quiet for so long. The sole reason for the break of silence has been the BS about the car being taken to somewhere other than ASG.

I've heard this from several different people now and each time they've said its come from ASG. it's a piss poor tactic to blame a fictitious third party.

What they should have done his hold their fucking hands up and take responsibility for it. Then some gesture to make the original owner feel like he's had something back for all the money that was unfairly charged had the job been done properly in the first place.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

I will also add the story about the "we were just asked to throw it back together to sell" line they've Told a few people as well.

This in itself should raise questions. Not to mention that the very first build wasn't done properly because of the raised sleeves. This is why it required multiple builds.

Finally if they want to sue me for what I've written I welcome it. Nothing that I've written is untrue or without proof so bring it on.

This is the last comment I'm ever going to make on the whole sorry saga. It's disgraceful the a business think they can do shit like this without it coming back to bite them. Reap what you sow and all that.
Strubaru, DZENCI and amtrapid like this.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Sir AntiLag

Insome at standard level

Vodafone... So someone steals my mobile today, so I call Vodafone to set up a replacement mobile, with my mother being terminally ill, I need to be contactible 24/7. All good and sorted, just head up to the store to sign the contract, just to get to the store to be told oh, no, that's not the case. Fuck you vodafail.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Was coming back from St.John of God Murdoch and the whole was home on South street every lane was blocked by a car doing 5 - 10km/h under... the whole way to the highway. Then on the highway the sweet relief of open road was too good to resist pity the fixed camera is there, it is such a nice on ramp.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:17 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

yeahnah at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [GTI] View Post
Was coming back from St.John of God Murdoch and the whole was home on South street every lane was blocked by a car doing 5 - 10km/h under... the whole way to the highway. Then on the highway the sweet relief of open road was too good to resist pity the fixed camera is there, it is such a nice on ramp.
It's because everyones speedo reads high, so they think they are going much faster than they really are.
If my speedo reads 100kmph im actually only doing 94kmph.
I use my gps for an accurate account of my speed.
Im sure if everyone used a gps as a speedo, it would make a huge improvement to Perths woeful traffic congestion.
My speedo shows 106kmph when im on the freeway and i havent had a speeding ticket yet.
So im doing exactly the legal limit and im flying past almost everyone... Except for the smarties that have worked it out also.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

This ^^^ Mine is close enough to just meeting ADR at 10% slower than true speed. It came about when I changed rims.

So when doing a GPS 100 km/h on the freeway my speedo reads 110.
TROLLEY likes this.

Tags
fatboy, sandy vaginas, things, tony, v70