Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Black Paint Swirl Marks (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/10229-black-paint-swirl-marks.html)

JDM_STYLE 13-02-2007 06:52 PM

Black Paint Swirl Marks

Hi all, picked up my new 07 last week and i had
the defense pak paint protection applied by the dealer.

Ive washed the car once at one of those U WASH
carwashes only using the high pressure soap,
rinse and carefully dried it with a new chamios.

The car wasnt real dirty just had a few water marks i wanted to remove.

Now my paint has heaps of swirls and spider web marks all over the car. :(

Can any one recomend how to get rid of these and prevent it from happening again?

Is this my fault by the way ive washed and dried the car or is it the paint protection thats faulty? :confused:

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Smokey 13-02-2007 07:14 PM

I recently aquired my 07 also, it took me a couple of weeks to perfect it but heres how i wash it.

1) Park car in shade/garage (washing in the sun is a waste of time)
2) Low pressure soak, lots of suds to remove the surface dirt (high pressure here will drive the dirt into the paint and create scratches)
3) Low pressure rinse, removes suds
4) 2 buckets, one for soapy water, one for rinsing dirty mit in
5) Start from the top, work down, using soapy mit
6) High Pressure Rinse off sections as you go
7) Final High Pressure rinse to get rid of all the suds
8) Chamois dry

Car should be shiney now, if you want to polish it, i recommend getting a Random orbiter and using their applicator and removal pads with the wax + polish. When i was using the hand applicator for the polish, it left lots of swirl marks, even though i used the RO to take the polish off.

Im not an expert but this makes my car shiney and swirl free for everyday use. I use all meguires products on my car. I know there are better but meguires is a hell of alot better than the other crap out there and at U-wash :)

impresser 13-02-2007 07:27 PM

Mate Pm a member on here Auto Fx Wa he will be able to sort you out

Mat 13-02-2007 07:28 PM

Brett, we should catch up! U need to try this new wax stuff! Its been on my wrx three weeks and it still looks great (albeit dusty!)

PS can i borrow RO :)

All these new cars in black, Spot the fools :D

ImPreSiV 13-02-2007 07:29 PM

+1 for Des from Auto FX. Did a GREAT job on my white 06. Its still clean, 4 weeks after MotorVation.

Top quality.

PRODIGY 13-02-2007 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=Smokey]I recently aquired my 07 also, it took me a couple of weeks to perfect it but heres how i wash it.

1) Park car in shade/garage (washing in the sun is a waste of time)
2) Low pressure soak, lots of suds to remove the surface dirt (high pressure here will drive the dirt into the paint and create scratches)
3) Low pressure rinse, removes suds
4) 2 buckets, one for soapy water, one for rinsing dirty mit in
5) Start from the top, work down, using soapy mit
6) High Pressure Rinse off sections as you go
7) Final High Pressure rinse to get rid of all the suds
8) Chamois dry

Car should be shiney now, if you want to polish it, i recommend getting a Random orbiter and using their applicator and removal pads with the wax + polish. When i was using the hand applicator for the polish, it left lots of swirl marks, even though i used the RO to take the polish off.

Im not an expert but this makes my car shiney and swirl free for everyday use. I use all meguires products on my car. I know there are better but meguires is a hell of alot better than the other crap out there and at U-wash :)[/QUOTE]

I have the swirly mark problem on my wife's Black Rav 4 (Bloody hate washing it) and have always wondered about using an RO. Are they easy to use and are the cheapo ones from Repco etc any good?

Adrian 13-02-2007 09:21 PM

RO cuts the time it takes to polish my car by one third, and gives a much better and much more even result all round. i end up using more polish, but i'm also able to remove more of it with the polishing pad then i used to with my motorvation t-shirt rag :)

Smokey 13-02-2007 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=PRODIGY]I have the swirly mark problem on my wife's Black Rav 4 (Bloody hate washing it) and have always wondered about using an RO. Are they easy to use and are the cheapo ones from Repco etc any good?[/QUOTE]

I use the cheapo one from SuperCheap :P, works good and a lot less effort than doing it by hand!

Smokey 13-02-2007 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=Mat]Brett, we should catch up! U need to try this new wax stuff! Its been on my wrx three weeks and it still looks great (albeit dusty!)

PS can i borrow RO :)

All these new cars in black, Spot the fools :D[/QUOTE]

Which wax u using mat?

Mat 14-02-2007 12:08 AM

I dunno man, my "supplier" didnt give me any clues. He just said use it, it works great and follow the simple instructions (one being apply it in the sun on a cool car... odd).

Seems to have worked well!