Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

SublimeForester at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridgx
you may get a fellow who knows and cares what he's doing, or someone who's just in it for the money.
hahaha in it for the money.....wrong business! If you dont have a passion for cars and seeing them at their best, detailing is simply hard work.

Thats why you'll do well Andrew.....you have the passion (or the illness as its refered to)
Gave your details to a lady looking for fortnightly cleans on 10 cars today. I simply dont have the time to take on that kind of work anymore. Only thing is they are in Canningvale. But since they have so many cars to do the drive might be worth it.
Old 20-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

SublimeForester at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Clay bar is piss easy as long as you keep the clay bar lubed up...you can scuff the paint otherwise!

Brett, Swissvax is the shiznit, but for the money, I believe that Pinnacle (especially their Souveran wax), is the best bang for your buck...doesn't cost any more than Mother's gear, and is so much better!

P21S makes a damn good concourse wax too, priced similarly to the Souveran. Horses for Courses though, everyone likes something different and finds what works well for them.

My only recommendation is you move away from Repco/Supercheap products i.e. Meguiars or Mothers, if you really want to make your car look spectacular. No doubt they work great, but there are better products out there.

That's exactly the same order that I do my car. Carnauba wax is great, and shines like nothing else, but the only problem with the more pure carnauba's, is they don't last anywhere near as long as a synthetic wax.

Best to save the Carnauba for a non-daily driven car, or for when you're entering shows, etc. For a daily, I wouldn't recommend Carnauba, as you're just fighting a losing battle with the elements and will have to re-apply it often to maintain the shine.

Also, Carnauba can streak up in the sun and will need regular buffing if you're at an outdoor show, but this of course depends on the blend and purity of the carnauba...some do it, some don't.

I use a paint cleanser every time I polish and wax, and only use the clay bar when the paint begins to feel gritty.
Totally agree with everything you said there mate, especially the horses for courses bit. Everyone sees things differently. I have used Pinnicle and it is a bloody good product. I must admit I use Swissvax on my own car because thats what I use for my customers, but to be honest I use Swissvax because it has such a good rep. I have total confodence in the product on everything from Subarus to Ferraris. Also its a recommendation from Mercedes Benz internationally and I do quite a lot of mercs these days.

I also use a synthetic called Glare which is really good too especially on dark cars and metallics. I did a GC8 for one of members (dont know his forum name)here on monday. It was the metallic red (fancy name escapes me) and it looked like it was on fire after the Glare. Really glowed in the sun.
Heres a crappy phone pic. Doesnt do it justice really but still shows off the wet look nicely.

Tags
car, cons, detailing, pros, waterless