Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   3rd brakelight (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/20154-3rd-brakelight.html)

wild_rx 05-06-2008 04:29 PM

3rd brakelight

Im thinking of taking off my crappy spoiler but my drama is that it has the 3rd brake light in the spoiler. What is everyone else doing, are you leaving the car with 2 brake lights or are you getting parts from Subaru off a GX for the light mounted inside the car?

If you are getting parts from Subaru what are the part numbers and prices...

Car is a MY03 WRX

Cheers in advance

Tim

Thodd 05-06-2008 04:42 PM

Been talked about in here before.

Repco will sort you out mate. 30 bucks for mine.
Just sticks to the bottom of your rear window.

ULTREX 05-06-2008 05:00 PM

Arhaa...you have the new car then?
I am waiting on a call back from subaru for the cost of the light.

I want to fit up my s202 cf spoiler - might even rip the standard light out of the spoiler and secure it up on the parcel shelf - no wiring issues then.

UNDRGND 05-06-2008 05:03 PM

did the same thing - i actually got it from subaru - cost around 50 bucks and pluged straight in to the plug in the boot.

had to cut a small hole in the parcel shelf to feed the cord through

easy as

Rexxar 05-06-2008 07:04 PM

i used the stock light that was in my gc8 spoiler, unscrewed it and pulled it out, connect the cable back and stick to rear window

if you wana put spolier back on just re-insert the light back on lol

bit dodgy at time but got away with it

Elrico 05-06-2008 07:14 PM

$100 for a high mount rear brake light from subaru. Thats what mine is, fits in and looks like it belongs.

ULTREX 05-06-2008 08:46 PM

[QUOTE=UNDRGND]did the same thing - i actually got it from subaru - cost around 50 bucks and pluged straight in to the plug in the boot.

had to cut a small hole in the parcel shelf to feed the cord through

easy as[/QUOTE]

Ha - I was admiring your at the drags last Monday! I was the silver pignose behind your car with the black rims...as I was lining up I saw your brake light and s202 wing and thought I have to put my spoiler on! ;)

which light for $50 --which subaru? your looks good!
cheers

UNDRGND 05-06-2008 10:25 PM

Hey Champ - Went to STI ozzy park and asked for the rear light that the rs come with.

Evidencee 05-06-2008 10:32 PM

$30 Narva brake light from Repco. Comes with double sided tape already applied to it so you just peel it off and stick it onto your rear windscreen. Its about 20cm or so long, LED. I just chopped the stock wire with the plug on it and connected the positive to positive and negative to negative from the brake light to the factory wiring. Hardest part was squeezing the wire between the parcel shelf and the rear windscreen, 2 people on the job definitely makes it easier.

ill post some pics :)

phatskinz 05-06-2008 10:36 PM

Do you mind posting some pics how it looks like installed in your caR?

[QUOTE=UNDRGND]Hey Champ - Went to STI ozzy park and asked for the rear light that the rs come with.[/QUOTE]