Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Sir AntiLag

dan.r.s at standard level
Send a message via MSN to dan.r.s
Default new headunit, no rear speaker sounds..

out my new headunit in last ngiht, sounds great.. but back speakers have little sound..when i faade to only rear speakers they are silent, i.e. i think the fronts (on and amp) and the rears are somehow connected together.???
rear speaker are coming out of the headunit..
front speaker are off 2 rca cables going to a 2 channel amp. i dont know how could have screwed it up? unless the wiring diagram was wrong on the pioneer booklet and the wires which i have believed were rears are actually fronts..
any ideas?
Old 16-07-2008, 09:56 AM
STI Master

MY99 at standard level

It sounds like you've wired your rear speakers to your deck's front speaker output.
I had a few similar issues until I found out that the speaker wires in my car swapped colour half way down the car!

It may feel like all yours speakers are 'connected together' as more than likely, your rears are connected to the front output, and your fronts are connected to the deck's front pre-out - so fading to rear would lower overall volume.

Take the head unit out and and connect one speaker at a time while testing balance and fader making sure it is the right speaker that's connected. (only the speakers running directly from your deck, amplified speakers seem to be properly connected)

Good luck mate.
Old 16-07-2008, 09:57 AM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

try fading to the front, and turning your amp off so the fronts don't play. If you have sound out of the rears, you will know you've wired the rears as fronts
Old 16-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbag
try fading to the front, and turning your amp off so the fronts don't play. If you have sound out of the rears, you will know you've wired the rears as fronts
Yea!! Just unplug the rca's out of the amp if it's easy and do as above to check. While you're at it grab a battery and hold the positve lead to the speaker on the positive of the battery and same for the negatives and make sure the speaker goes up. If it goes down you've got the +/- leads for the speaker back to front and it will be out of phase and sound like ass
Old 16-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Sir AntiLag

dan.r.s at standard level
Send a message via MSN to dan.r.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle
Yea!! Just unplug the rca's out of the amp if it's easy and do as above to check. While you're at it grab a battery and hold the positve lead to the speaker on the positive of the battery and same for the negatives and make sure the speaker goes up. If it goes down you've got the +/- leads for the speaker back to front and it will be out of phase and sound like ass
can you explain this a little more ive always wondered how you can tell without physicaly seeing the rear of the speaker.

will check i think it may be just case of rears hook up incorrectly.
thanks blokes
Old 16-07-2008, 11:05 AM