Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Paint and body shop (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/21405-paint-body-shop.html)

Makavel 20-09-2010 05:29 PM

Anyone on here that can re-spray front a rear bumper (silver) from the wrx. Rang a few of the places but they said they are really busy.

Sulph 04-10-2010 07:18 PM

Ive got a few scratches in my front bumper from a bollard that I hit... >.> and a slight dent as well, was quoted $650 for a full respray etc (car is black) from Hi-Lite Smash repairs in beechboro, but honestly think I could get it somewhere else cheaper.

WAT4NOW 06-10-2010 01:12 AM

i do closed door resprays for between $2800-$4500 depends on wat the body of the vehicle is like first,. i own franks automotive spraypainting in maddington

Makavel 06-10-2010 01:22 AM

^ PM Sent

Shodown 21-10-2010 12:19 PM

[QUOTE=boosted_kid;286796]dreamworks in kenwick, they did one of the evos that was at autosalon and a few other cars[/QUOTE]

Meh, was a little disappointed with Dreamworks. The quality of their work is fine (as far as I can tell) - New roofskin, new front and rear windscreen & boot respray after an incident with a roller door :eek:

My wife was dealing with Trevor (manager) for the quote, then some asian guy takes over (presuming the owner) and cocks the quote up forgetting about the back window. Went to pick up the car to find a scratch on the fender (from when they took the front windscreen out), the car dirtier than some of the locals in the area and glue on the car. They didnt buff the car whatsoever. (Even Rabor cut/polished/buffed/detailed/whatever my falcon for a simple rear bumper respray). Refused to take it until they sorted scratch and the rear windscreen. Rang the next morning and spoke to Trevor - explaining I only wanted to deal with him and that the other guy was a right twat.

Went back yesterday for pickup, Trevor pointed they managed to get out a couple of other scratches from stones etc but mentioned he couldnt get one out that was behind the scoop. Immediately I said that was not mine (as its an impossible area to friggen scratch) and he said ok and would respray the bonnet next week. Took the car for now noting the issues on the paperwork and will be dropping it back in for a day next week.

All in all, Trevor has been good to deal with, other guy was too busy trying to rush the job in and out....and a right muppet to boot

/csb

Wozzernux 12-11-2010 02:47 AM

Anyone keen to paint an MY00 front grille, bumper vents and foglight covers in 792 royal silver? Not really worth going to a panel shop for.

steven_c 21-11-2010 03:41 AM

looking at getting a full respray on my 99 wrx back to the gunmetal grey colour and want to drive the car too them and they take apart and re-build which company are good to use i am clarkson based so everywhere i go will be south.. also what sort of cost for a full decent respray?

PRODIGY 19-01-2011 10:45 AM

I'm wanting to get a VW emblem painted gloss black. I've been to a couple of local panel shops who weren't interested as the job is so small.

Anyone recommend someone who would do it in the Malaga/Morley area.

If is was to do it myself what prep work would be involved and what would be the best paint to use? Emblem is currently just a matt black abs plastic.

Dawn Patrol 08-02-2011 08:21 PM

If anyone is looking at getting some work done i couldn't recommend Neil from Unique Auto Refinishers enough.

All I got done was my front bumper, and the colour match is perfect!! Dropped it off in the morning and ready just after lunch. Stoked!!!
Very honest guy who takes pride in his work.

Neilo 14-02-2011 01:44 PM

Thanks for that Mate. really appreciate your feedback. anyone wanting to have a look at some of my work i have created a facebook page as well. will be adding information on a regular basis.

[url]http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Unique-Auto-Refinishers/152617451460317?sk=wall[/url]

Neil
Unique Auto Refinishers