Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   any ideas who can fit a non gen wing?? ... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/21570-any-ideas-who-can-fit-non-gen-wing.html)

impressya06 16-08-2008 11:04 AM

any ideas who can fit a non gen wing?? ...

hey all,

my xbf bought a non gen sti wing for my impreza.

heres the go - my car is white, the wing is grey (he ordered white, but i dunno where he ordered it from to call them over it)... so itd have to be painted.

also, i have this massive fear that if it gets put on and looks crap, or isnt straight, or wrong - i dont want holes in my boot lid. i am reallllly unsure about it :p

so if anyone has advice on it, let me know - coz i dont want to just call someone out the yellowpages and then it be a shite job. clearly ive never done this before! (im north the river by the way).

cheers guys n girls !
- Sares.

Kato 16-08-2008 11:22 AM

Ex boyfriend eh? *wink wink* :D

Take it to a paint shop like BBK who will give you a no bullshit answer on what can be done and is it worth it.

wannabox 16-08-2008 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=Kato]Ex boyfriend eh? *wink wink* :D

Take it to a paint shop like BBK who will give you a no bullshit answer on what can be done and is it worth it.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, I can't help with paint shop but I can offer you a new boyrfriend. I have low miles, am mildly good looking. What more can you ask for.

:P...

Taktics 16-08-2008 11:39 AM

Grey, is probably primer? Probably means give it to a painter for a rub down, then it will be ready for spray. If it is straight white is one of the easiest colour to spray anyways.

Does the wing come with holes undneth or bolts sticking out? Pics of the wing...we can comment on how it will look ;) mayb include yourself inside the pic as well :p

saturation 16-08-2008 11:40 AM

AFM Enterprises in Ozzie park, speak to Phillip.

impressya06 16-08-2008 12:19 PM

na its not primer - its like a really off white :p hence me saying its grey... coz i sat in on my car and thought 'wellll - its def not white!'

ill figure out how to up load a pic, and show u

thanks for the offers boys, im not looking at the moment haha. maybe youll have to start up a matchmaking forum on here ;)

impressya06 16-08-2008 12:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
heres pix of it...

Taktics 18-08-2008 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=impressya06]maybe youll have to start up a matchmaking forum on here ;)[/QUOTE]

What do u mean start? Aint this the place....?

The wing looks alright...get it painted..see how it goes! You can always sell it :) if u decide not to put it on. That way u cash in, since ur xbf bought it. Its a win win situation.

impressya06 18-08-2008 04:18 PM

good point there. any decent / reasonably priced places that is recommended to get it painted?!

lebrunt 18-08-2008 04:21 PM

as said ^^ BBK ;)