Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Car audio shop that look after your car (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/25081-car-audio-shop-look-after-your-car.html)

Zuldan 24-02-2009 03:50 PM

Car audio shop that look after your car

Well I'm proud owner of a Subaru Liberty B4. The speakers in the car need replacing (sides door and rear seats). Almost everything in the car is leather.

I've have bad experiences in the past with car audio shops making scratches and dents on upholstery while installing audio equipment.

Is there a car audio shop in Perth that takes pride on the work they do and look after your car when installing equipment?

Please make your suggestions! :)

DEDLYWEPN 24-02-2009 03:52 PM

Far out, if all you want is speakers - Do it yourself, easy as!!!

Jimmy S 24-02-2009 03:55 PM

why replace the stockers? Unless they are busted, they will put up with a hammering!...

Put an amp on them and they will crank!! Mcintosh FTW! :D

ALEX. 24-02-2009 04:00 PM

anywhere that's not Strathfield or JB Hi-Fi...

Westside Car Audio take a lot of pride in everything they do. They take the smallest job seriously.
Also, I can't fault Albert's Car Stereo so far. The Cannington store is well regarded amongst that chain for install quality, but you do live in Ellenbrook so a bit of a trek.

I have a high-quality amp for sale if you are interested which will power your new speakers ;)
PM me if interested, it's unused.
/plug

American Dave 24-02-2009 04:00 PM

As mentioned leave the stock speakers in or just replace them yourself. Congrats on the B4 purchase and if I were you I would be spending mod money on getting the VOD fixed with a good tune :D

Zuldan 24-02-2009 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=Jimmy S]why replace the stockers? Unless they are busted, they will put up with a hammering!...

Put an amp on them and they will crank!! Mcintosh FTW! :D[/QUOTE]

The speakers are gone :( When I turn on the base they make a horrible noise.

Zuldan 24-02-2009 04:07 PM

[QUOTE=ALEX.]anywhere that's not Strathfield or JB Hi-Fi...

Westside Car Audio take a lot of pride in everything they do. They take the smallest job seriously.
Also, I can't fault Albert's Car Stereo so far. The Cannington store is well regarded amongst that chain for install quality, but you do live in Ellenbrook so a bit of a trek.

I have a high-quality amp for sale if you are interested which will power your new speakers ;)
PM me if interested, it's unused.
/plug[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info and amp offer but the B4 has a amp that comes with the car. It sits under my seat:P

Zuldan 24-02-2009 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave]As mentioned leave the stock speakers in or just replace them yourself. Congrats on the B4 purchase and if I were you I would be spending mod money on getting the VOD fixed with a good tune :D[/QUOTE]

I'm too much of a chicken to replace them :P

Dave as you probably know there are different options for sorting out the B4's issues.

Option 1: Take it to Maximum Motorsport and pay $1500 to get the ECU re-flashed with a pre-defined tune (this comes with a 3 year warranty on the engine which makes it appealing).

Option 2: Take it to Allstar Garage and get a custom tune to the mods I have (not sure if ECU needs to be replaced or how it works).

Do you have any advise on either options?

SPEC IV 24-02-2009 04:41 PM

Go Option 2: ASG - VERSO reflash on standard ECU for about $1K drive in drive out.

Zuldan 24-02-2009 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=SPEC IV]Go Option 2: ASG - VERSO reflash on standard ECU for about $1K drive in drive out.[/QUOTE]

Any reason why option 2? :P (besides being cheaper) I'd be happy to pay an extra $500 for 3 year warrenty on the engine.