Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   rear spoiler (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/33896-rear-spoiler.html)

timboon 27-04-2010 04:21 PM

rear spoiler

I have a 99 wrx and my paints started peeling on my rear spoiler. i got quoted $250 for a strip and re spray, i was just curious to whether or not it would be worth trying to find a second hand spoiler instead as ive always wanted to put an sti spoiler on the car.

tuna 27-04-2010 04:25 PM

post a wanted thread.

remember to request a colour :)

AJAYJAY 27-04-2010 05:23 PM

lalalalal

timboon 27-04-2010 07:07 PM

obviously the wanted thread for finding one but the question wasnt how do i find a second hand spoiler was it? ill rephrase then -_- it was a 2 part question with the first part referring to whether anyone has resprayed there spoiler and if they did cheaper than $250 and 2 am i being optimistic in thinking i can get a different spoiler for a similar price to the respray.

ALEX. 27-04-2010 07:13 PM

LOL, would have liked to see original post from aj, stace.
Actually no; head still hurts from a big night as it is

Insome 27-04-2010 07:16 PM

Lol Alex, it's one of ajayay's.. enough said.

AJAYJAY 27-04-2010 07:32 PM

well your lose if you want to respary your spoiler when you can get it for half the price...

mARC 27-04-2010 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=-ajayjay;450068]well your lose if you want to respary your spoiler when you can get it for half the price...[/QUOTE]

Why do I always want to hurt you when I see your posts regardless of what it is :icon_hang

[QUOTE=timboon;450000]I have a 99 wrx and my paints started peeling on my rear spoiler. i got quoted $250 for a strip and re spray, i was just curious to whether or not it would be worth trying to find a second hand spoiler instead as ive always wanted to put an sti spoiler on the car.[/QUOTE]

Tuna gave you the cut down answer, obviously you need it more simplified?

- Cost an STi Spoiler;
- Factor in whether you need to have it resprayed;
- Factor in if you need to have the existing holes welded up and have new holes re-drilled;
- Stop being a tightass and realise that shit isnt free;
- Your a big boy now and shouldn't need to ask the internet for permission to do something;
- I cant believe you're still reading this 'man';
- You just went back and re-read the previous point in the voice of Bart Simpson;
- You getting the picture yet; and
- Bored now.

[QUOTE=timboon;450057]obviously the wanted thread for finding one but the question wasnt how do i find a second hand spoiler was it? ill rephrase then -_- it was a 2 part question with the first part referring to whether anyone has resprayed there spoiler[/QUOTE]

No they haven't, you'll be the first, so how about you start a blog about it, we'd be really keen to read it.

[QUOTE=timboon;450057]and if they did cheaper than $250 and 2 am i being optimistic in thinking i can get a different spoiler for a similar price to the respray.[/QUOTE]

I often exchange 20 cent pieces for 2 dollar coins!

timboon 28-04-2010 12:02 AM

u guys have been helpful. -_-
thanks
ill keep my posts elsewhere then. obviously everyone here is too stuck up to answer anything with a straight response. so what if you consider it a stupid question it isnt to me or i wouldnt ask it which means i want a response (sarcasm isnt a response for future reference) bet you guys asked questions when you first started oh is that how ppl learn in this new age world?
crazy.
days.
thanks ill keep my posts elsewhere. and i know you'll flame the shit out of this poking holes in whatever i say but fuck i dont really care.

tuna 28-04-2010 06:13 AM

rediculous.

you ask if its worth respraying.

no its not.

dont be a retard.