Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Car too low!!! Help!! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/35113-car-too-low-help.html)

mattmy99 22-06-2010 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=forde;463831]Wrong, it is 100mm to the lowest part of the car.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's recently changed, I think you're wrong.

"Modified exhaust systems may be fitted to passenger vehicles provided the following conditions are met :

The system is efficient.
The exhaust system does not pass closer than 25mm to fuel tanks or the body floor.
The system does not foul the body work or limit axle travel.
[B]No part of the system projects below the rim lower edge.[/B]
The system terminates behind the last body panel.
Systems on the left hand side of the vehicle do not deflect gases directly to the left.
The noise level of the modified system must not exceed the noise level of the manufacturer’s original system by a noticeable amount.
Side exhaust systems (sometimes called lake pipes) are not permitted.
The system must be effectively supported and must be free from cracks and leaks.
Where the vehicle is subject to ADR 27A - Emission Control. Extractors may be fitted, but the features of the original manifold must be maintained (i.e.. hot air transfer tube, manifold to air connection). Vehicles subject to unleaded fuel control emissions (ADR 37) must remain as specified by vehicle manufacturer..
Noise level will be the most important factor in assessing any exhaust system. Close attention will be given to this factor during examinations and in the on-road situation."

Looking for the ADR link to back it up, as this info is a year or so old now.

EDIT: Found the new ADR's, and that rule has changed. You were right, it is now 100mm. ADR43
[url]http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP3_Section_LA_Engines_3Feb2006.pdf[/url]

JDM_STYLE 22-06-2010 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=pommyjones;463888]JDM STYLE: Yes thanks for the advice. I found a friend who can help me with the springs, and while it is jacked up we are going to try pull up the exhaust system a little.
So its only cost me the price of the springs.

TEEJAT: Cheers buddy[/QUOTE]

Kool, it would be a cunt if you had to keep going back to the pits
because of the exhaust height.

Which pits are you going to aswell as some are cruisey and others
are nazi's, it's also easier if you book in at one of the inspection
centres otherwise you need to get there mega early and wait for
a very long time!!!

Strubaru 22-06-2010 11:20 AM

go to the authorised inspection centre in joondalup (its a mechanical workshop not the pits) they are quite good from all reports (not nazi's)

nauli 22-06-2010 12:28 PM

However, I think you will find that the 100mm rule still overides all others.

Mike 22-06-2010 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=mattmy99;463913]
The system is efficient.
The exhaust system does not pass closer than 25mm to fuel tanks or the body floor.
The system does not foul the body work or limit axle travel.
No part of the system projects below the rim lower edge.
The system terminates behind the last body panel.
Systems on the left hand side of the vehicle do not deflect gases directly to the left.
[B]The noise level of the modified system must not exceed the noise level of the manufacturer’s original system by a noticeable amount. [/B]
Side exhaust systems (sometimes called lake pipes) are not permitted.
The system must be effectively supported and must be free from cracks and leaks.
Where the vehicle is subject to ADR 27A - Emission Control. Extractors may be fitted, but the features of the original manifold must be maintained (i.e.. hot air transfer tube, manifold to air connection). Vehicles subject to unleaded fuel control emissions (ADR 37) must remain as specified by vehicle manufacturer..
Noise level will be the most important factor in assessing any exhaust system. Close attention will be given to this factor during examinations and in the on-road situation."

Looking for the ADR link to back it up, as this info is a year or so old now.

EDIT: Found the new ADR's, and that rule has changed. You were right, it is now 100mm. ADR43
[url]http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP3_Section_LA_Engines_3Feb2006.pdf[/url][/QUOTE]

I think we are all fucked :p

Strubaru 22-06-2010 01:47 PM

speak for yourself mike, no boxer rumble = nothing to see here :D

mattmy99 22-06-2010 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=nauli;463933]However, I think you will find that the 100mm rule still overides all others.[/QUOTE]

Correct Steve. New ADR43 is the current guideline. ie. The old "no lower than the bottom lip of the rim" is superceded.

EXPLICIT 22-06-2010 02:06 PM

Problem encountered is the written word of the ADR's and the archaic mindset of the pit inspectors and being able to to find a amicable medium between the two.

daveygravey 22-06-2010 06:39 PM

OK HERE IS THE CHEAPEST EASY FIX, AND FAIRLY FAST....

STEP 1

Jack car up high enough to chock off the ground so u can safely get under.

STEP 2

Find lump hammer.

STEP 3

Slide under the car on your back.

STEP 4

Belt fuck out of it till you think it shoud clear 100mm.

STEP 5

Lower car to ground, check clearance.

If you now have 100mm take to pits.

IF YOU DONT, REPEAT STEPS 1 TO 5 TILL YOU DO.

Cheap enough for you?

STEVO 22-06-2010 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=Mike;463938]I think we are all fucked :p[/QUOTE]

Hee Hee, I second that:laughing5