Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   To make the WRX sound like a WRX (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/37632-make-wrx-sound-like-wrx.html)

LadyinRed 11-10-2010 12:57 PM

To make the WRX sound like a WRX

Hello Everyone

Currently my 2005 WRX sounds like well.. nothing really. You wouldn't hear it if it ran you over.. which is dissapointing.

Could you please make any recommendations on how I could make it sound more like a WRX? I know something has to be done with the exhaust i'm just not sure what.

It is currently on the market though while i've got it I want it to sound sexy ;)

Thanks!

smerm07 11-10-2010 01:02 PM

Is your car stock?

a 3' turbo back exhaust will give it the boxer rumble.

but yes if you are going to sell it then you may as well just leave it stock.

mARC 11-10-2010 01:03 PM

If you're going to sell it, the stock appeal will work in your favour, yes?

mattmy99 11-10-2010 01:07 PM

A rear dif back exhaust will give you the rumble, and want require a retune.
It can also be returned to stock in 15mins.

BOMB3R 11-10-2010 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=LadyinRed;499399]Hello Everyone

Currently my 2005 WRX sounds like well.. nothing really. You wouldn't hear it if it ran you over.. which is dissapointing.

Could you please make any recommendations on how I could make it sound more like a WRX? I know something has to be done with the exhaust i'm just not sure what.

It is currently on the market though while i've got it I want it to sound sexy ;)

Thanks![/QUOTE]
If you are going to sell it, don't mod it! Waste of money as it will not add anything to the sale price.

ImPreSiV 11-10-2010 01:30 PM

yeah if you are selling it, i'd leave it.

could buy a cheap dylan spec exhaust from Dylan, remove the dump and just bolt the 'cat back' part on and then you will have some rumble.

But I agree with PIGSTi, keep it stock, its not worth wasting your money.

JDM_STYLE 11-10-2010 01:36 PM

If you really really have/want to put an exhaust on even though you're selling
I'd suggest getting one from Troy from Prospeed, it's cheap as chips and is a Trust PE2 cat back exhaust for $499. (forum name "Trexx" or look in the vendor section)

These are high quality jap systems and usually sell for $900.

Sayers 11-10-2010 03:13 PM

Leave it as-is, sell it as unmodified. Lots of buyers want something original so they can do their own choice of mods.

red dragon2002 11-10-2010 07:15 PM

[quote=sayers;499456]leave it as-is, sell it as unmodified. Lots of buyers want something original so they can do their own choice of mods.[/quote]

+1!

Jordiee 11-10-2010 07:19 PM

if you want the rumble before you sell it, remove dump pipe and leave as is, do not replace anything or put catback or midpipe back on until you sell it

good luck