Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Ultrex V6 STI Wing Install (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/41597-ultrex-v6-sti-wing-install.html)

MattuZ 15-04-2011 10:40 PM

Ultrex V6 STI Wing Install

Hey chumps and chumpettes,

I have purchased an Ultrex STi rear wing for my GC8, got it painted and have just gone to install it on the car but it seems like the holes are all out of place in comparison to the stock spoiler holes.

Has anybody else installed an Ultrex STi GC8 wing before?
If you have, can you give me some advice?

Hoping to drill into the boot as little as possible.

AJAYJAY 15-04-2011 10:48 PM

That's pretty shit!! Mines are faker but still all the holes lined up..

magic1 15-04-2011 10:55 PM

[QUOTE=MattuZ;556513]
If you have, can you give me some advice?
[/QUOTE]

contact supplier

MattuZ 15-04-2011 11:22 PM

[QUOTE=magic1;556520]contact supplier[/QUOTE]

supplier is on holiday until 6th of may thats why i thought i would ask other people first

Jezza 16-04-2011 01:08 AM

The outer 4 holes should line up...

meatbag 16-04-2011 01:47 AM

I thought the STi wing needed a whole lot of new holes drilled. The wrx only has 4 holes were the STi has a crapload. Not sure if that's the case with GC8s as well.

MattuZ 16-04-2011 03:03 PM

so anyway i had another attempt at it today

first of all only 1 bolt on each side of the spoiler actually lines up. so i had a crack at bolting it down anyway to see how stable it was, but turns out the threads inside the spoiler are stripped and wont even take a bolt!

so got out a tap and die set and went about tapping them out but it has not helped much, the bolts will start but only thread in about 2-3mm

my question is, who has fitted an ultrex version 6 sti spoiler to their car and would be kind enough to let me come and have a look at how you installed it?
will bring beer as a thank you

JDM_STYLE 16-04-2011 03:18 PM

Why the rush to put it on? If it doesn't fit it doesn't fit!

Just wait til rob gets back and and get him to replace it, simple and don't got hacking the threads to try fit it otherwise he might say you've farked it too much and you're stuck with it then.

mARC 16-04-2011 03:25 PM

Wayno, its my understanding that the wing he supplies isn't a direct fit.

You'd never hack the wing, its the bootlid you need to adjust. You'll either need a stencil, patience, or get someone that's been there before to install it for you.

MattuZ 16-04-2011 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;556673]Why the rush to put it on? If it doesn't fit it doesn't fit!

Just wait til rob gets back and and get him to replace it, simple and don't got hacking the threads to try fit it otherwise he might say you've farked it too much and you're stuck with it then.[/QUOTE]

there is no rush to fit it, but i didnt buy it so it could sit in the shed...
and i am not "hacking" the threads, i know how to use a tap lol

i will just wait until rob gets back from his holidays i guess