Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Interior Cleaning (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/5514-interior-cleaning.html)

Heidi 03-06-2006 09:36 AM

Interior Cleaning

Hey guys!

Well, we have run a thread on the polishing ways of our beasties (Rex is looking stunningly white nowadays - thanks!)... how about we start an "Interior Cleaning" thread.

What products are the ducks nuts & what methods for cleaning vinyl, carpets, seats, trims etc....

Cheers!

Heidi :D

ImPreSiV 03-06-2006 09:45 AM

My mate does interior detailing... i learned abit about it watching him clean my car..

White spirits on carpets and trims ... is the duck's nuts! amaizing what that stuff can do...

also beating the carpet with a bit of garden hose folded up to ressemble a noose, with tape on the end to hold it together, works as an efficient way to remove those annoying particles of sand in your floor mat's/boot floor

hope that helps :)

Kym

d_generate 03-06-2006 04:31 PM

Vinyl - spray & wipe with a stiff scrubbing brush, then some sort of protection similar to armourall.

Mat 03-06-2006 06:28 PM

I wouldnt use armourall after i've heard it has caused countless number of dash's to start cracking when it gets hot..

Heidi, meg's do a whole heap of interior glass / fabric cleaners that seem to work well from what my experiences. They also leave the car with a nice smell!

Miggidy 03-06-2006 06:53 PM

yeah I use megs vynl stuff, good shit. just make sure you clean and dust first

Subaru00 05-06-2006 06:23 PM

for hard to remove stains i use body solv plus. can be used on windows, carpet, seats, paintwork...anything. good shit.

nicksrex 06-06-2006 07:26 PM

yeh dont use armorall because i have been informed by a reliable source that it just sits on the surface and dosent get absorbed so it accually assists the sun in burning your dash. I use aerospace protectant which i have herd is the best and ive found it works well. then you only need a cloth to wipe the dust off every now and again.

DAN682 06-06-2006 07:54 PM

[QUOTE=nicksrex]yeh dont use armorall because i have been informed by a reliable source that it just sits on the surface and dosent get absorbed so it accually assists the sun in burning your dash. I use aerospace protectant which i have herd is the best and ive found it works well. then you only need a cloth to wipe the dust off every now and again.[/QUOTE]

Where do you get this stuff from?

nicksrex 07-06-2006 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=DAN682]Where do you get this stuff from?[/QUOTE]

Auto Pro, I go to the one in bentley which is on albany Highway opposite la plaza but any auto pro should have it.

STi Tuned 07-06-2006 05:57 PM

I recently changed from amorall to that megs foam dash stuff.. heaps better.

I like the white spirits idea.. might try it out on the red bits of my seats that are getting a little grubby.

After a recommendation from someone on here I checked out K mart.. they have a huge range of quality stuff. Only place I found with the next gen wax.