Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Will give it a go - I can't help but feel though, with a time corrected setup, this is somewhat a selfish configuration, and thus front seat passenger may not get best audio. A trade off I suppose.

PS: Nice headunit. I might go back to Double DIN one day. Can they tether off smartphones and get Internet yet?

Last edited by RichX; 28-12-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:45 PM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

Bloody doof doof!!!!
How's the 6speed going?
When you going to come track it?

Ohhh & hope the mrs is recovering well..
Old 28-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
Will give it a go - I can't help but feel though, with a time corrected setup, this is somewhat a selfish configuration, and thus front seat passenger may not get best audio. A trade off I suppose.

PS: Nice headunit. I might go back to Double DIN one day. Can they tether off smartphones and get Internet yet?
I did write a whole other paragraph on making sure you demo passengers in the drivers seat because it'll sound like ass for everyone else but knew you'd be smart enough for that. Glad I wasn't wrong haha.

Yes, they can mirror iPhones with the correct cables. Basically you use the screen on the head unit as you would your iPhone. Awesome for GPS if you've got the data.
Android not so much. Which sucks, and I'm sure someone is working on it but for the mean time my HTC One will be doing all the Bluetooth streaming if I'm not using the iPod.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:51 PM

RichX knows their stuff

Saving for 6 speed. 5 speed is going very well though currently, nice and tight still with the short shifter. Keen for no limits, specially with the amount of popo out right now, and driving sooo incredibly carefully. Been speed-checked 4 times in the last 3 days!

She is recovering well, will live to fight another day. Thankful of course she is not dead. Been driving to and from RPH lots.

Thanks Ash
baylee likes this.
Old 28-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
Will give it a go - I can't help but feel though, with a time corrected setup, this is somewhat a selfish configuration, and thus front seat passenger may not get best audio. A trade off I suppose?
Seriously, forget your passenger. Time aligned or not, all they will be hearing is the left side of the system.

When doing your time alignment, use tracks with clear vocals and try to get the vocals centered over the middle of the dash and as high as possible. When adjusting your crossovers, try to get the mid-bass "kick" to come from as far forward in the car as possible (very tricky and dependent on a lot of things - may not be possible for you).

If you like, you're welcome to bring your car over and I'll give you a hand tuning. I assume the app lets you save more than one tune?
RichX (28-12-2013)
Old 28-12-2013, 10:25 PM

RichX knows their stuff

Yeah more than one tune - where are you at? Might have some time up my sleeve.
Old 28-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

I'm in Belmont. On school holidays at the moment so pretty much available whenever. Just flick us a pm =)
Old 29-12-2013, 08:21 PM

RichX knows their stuff

Could be a good idea - Doing some reading about time correction, can't seem to find anything on the net around good time correction settings for GDA/B Subaru's using the stock speaker placement, eg:

Front Left: 1.9 ms
Front Right: 0.45 ms
Rear Left: 0.95 ms
Rear Right: 0

But i might work to that kind of baseline. Also, I heard it's wise/best to set the Sub to Zero? In addition, work on the rear's first, and once happy with those do the fronts and then fade accordingly? And then to work on the parametric EQ ..

Technical shit, almost have to get the calculator out. Speed of sound/temperature * how many beers I have drunk.

The manual for my headunit goes into some detail around TC:

http://www.alpine.com.au/files/2013O...-148EBT_OM.pdf

Last edited by RichX; 29-12-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 29-12-2013, 09:08 PM