Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Colour Coding Side Skirts on an 03 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/8941-colour-coding-side-skirts-03-a.html)

elemist 13-12-2006 01:33 PM

Colour Coding Side Skirts on an 03

Looking at colour coding the sideskirts of an 03. Wondering where to go and how much am i looking at? I spoke with a couple of places, be it on a Saturday when the quotation man wasn't around... and they suggested that i wouldn't get much change from $500. Also mentioned that they would mark and chip really easily?

subastyln 13-12-2006 01:43 PM

got mine done at belmont panel and paint. he didn't charge me cos i did some work for him but it woulda cost around 250-300.(cash). 500 sounds steep.

they do scratch kinda easily but its well worth doin for the visual. dindn't have any scratches until i had it masked for other painting. spewin.

fobz 13-12-2006 03:12 PM

I did the skirts on my 99 myself. Get some colour matched paint in a spray pack,
look under your bonnet for the colour code. Mine was 74F for WRC blue.

1. Remove the skirts, clean them VERY well.
2. Give a light sanding so the primer has something to stick to.
3. Prime with a plastic primer.
4. A few coats of the colour matched paint.
5. Seal with a clear coat.

Because side skirts are generally not in an impact zone (ie, not like the front
end where it is subjected to direct hits at high velocity from rocks etc) then
you should be ok for chipping.

Save a heap, do it yourself.

confuzion 13-12-2006 03:30 PM

nice tip cheers.. who can do paint in a spray pack?

[BANNED] 13-12-2006 04:00 PM

Theres a dude on Erindale road in Balcatta that does them. I'll try and get his details for ya.

I've used him heaps of times - top bloke and cheap too! $20 a can of packed paint....

Should need 2 cans max.

confuzion 13-12-2006 04:39 PM

game on cheers dan

GX-REX 13-12-2006 05:26 PM

im pretty sure that premier paints in malaga do spray cans and they will match it to your car b4 making the can.
if not them then try APC in king st bayswater...

fobz 13-12-2006 05:33 PM

[QUOTE='[BANNED]']Theres a dude on Erindale road in Balcatta that does them. I'll try and get his details for ya.

I've used him heaps of times - top bloke and cheap too! $20 a can of packed paint....

Should need 2 cans max.[/QUOTE]

Can't remember the place I went to, but $20 a can sounds about right.
Make sure you get them to match to the colour code in the
engine bay and you will be all good.

elemist 13-12-2006 06:15 PM

Not really interested in doing them myself. Call it lazyness I was told by someone that you can buy clear tape to protect the front edge behind the front wheels. But i dunno about that after what you said subastylin. Anyone else know where i could get this done?

QUPIT 18-12-2006 04:11 PM

Got mine (MY01) done a couple of months ago at the Spoiler Shop for $330 from memory.