Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODIGY
I've got a MY07 WRX and it came with a standard size CD player, i don't think it even plays MP3's Should i be going back to the dealer and finding out whats going on!!!

Just had a look on the Subaru website and saw the Kenwood stereo you are talking about, also says it comes with a subwoofer...where is that located?

Definately not the same stereo as mine
Someone has not given you a MY06 by mistake have they?

Good luck sorting it out.

Brendon
Old 29-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Azzuri at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
Someone has not given you a MY06 by mistake have they?

Good luck sorting it out.

Brendon
I purchased a MY07 WRX last year - the first ones to be delivered into Australia and mine came with a standard CD player. Definitely doesn't play MP3's.

They must have changed the specs later in the year. Buggar!!
Old 29-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Subaru Tech Division

PRODIGY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzuri
I purchased a MY07 WRX last year - the first ones to be delivered into Australia and mine came with a standard CD player. Definitely doesn't play MP3's.

They must have changed the specs later in the year. Buggar!!
Picked mine up in November. I am going to give the dealer a call today...
Old 29-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Scoobie Noobie

JLM at standard level

call the dealer. I thought all MY07 came with this audio system. Unless it's just a revised thing for "actual" 07. who knows.

Mine is a nov build I think, I havent checked, but I picked it up about 12 days ago from new.

Perhaps if you complain, loudly, they'll just swap out the deck for u hehehe

It's a "6 speaker" system, technically. (mids in rear doors, mids and tweeters in front doors). NO subwoofer (I believe it's an option). I'm told the subwoofer is absolutely crap anyway, I think it goes under the drivers seat, or something like that. Wouldn't waste my money/time. Better off with a single 10 or 12 in the boot, plenty of doof for daily driving without turning your ride into a tanker.

The ipod cable took me about 5 mins to install, including remove the console/facia bits, removing the actual stereo, and putting it all back again. Infact I cant believe how simple it is. hah!

If if you dont go for the iPod interface cable.. the 2-din deck can play MP3, AAC (iTunes), and WMA files on a blank CDR.... it actually plays 'protected' AAC (itunes) files (stuff you might have bought from the iTunes online store).. I was very very surprised. cool

I dont really plan to go mental with stezza in this ride, I like the lack of weight. But will def change the splits, and possibly put in a single (and easily removable) woofer...

I guess I could get some pics if ya really want, but it's just a cable coming out of the back of the console, over into the glove box heh
Old 29-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Spoke to the dealer who wasn't even aware that the headunit had changed.

Does anyone know if there is a number i can ring for Subaru Australia that i
can get some more info from?
Old 29-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Scoobie Noobie

JLM at standard level

it's plain and clear in the brochure, and on the subi web site.

I'm guessing it was just a revision/update at some point.

the 07' that i test drove at the dealer had the old single-din deck... then I found in the brochure it's sposed to be the kenwood 2-din... I didnt make a fuss about it.... then when I went to pick my car up from the dealer, it had the new unit in it.

They did have to bring my car in, as 'urban grey' isnt a big seller. Having said that, the dude at the dealership said that they'd sold two subaru's in the colour since seeing mine on the showroom floor (was on display for two days). I guess rarer considering the colour was only introduced when the WRP10 came out (as far as I know)

be sure to post your findings! maybe get some dates info on the vehicles with the change, etc.
Old 29-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Spoke to Subaru, apparently all MY07 built after October 06 have the Kenwood Stereo.
Mine was built in September 06 so they said there is nothing they can do
Apparently is a kind of promotion they are doing with Kenwood and will not continue with future Subaru's.
Old 29-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Scoobie Noobie

JLM at standard level

at least you got an answer.

I generally wouldnt put Kenwood gear in my car full stop, but hey, it came with it. I was going to swap it out with something that would take my iPod and had pre-outs... but learned that it would take my iPod, and does have pre-outs. no real need to change I spose.

could probably pick up an iPod compatible, mp3/ etc alpine unit for a few hundred bucks
Old 29-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLM
at least you got an answer.

I generally wouldnt put Kenwood gear in my car full stop, but hey, it came with it. I was going to swap it out with something that would take my iPod and had pre-outs... but learned that it would take my iPod, and does have pre-outs. no real need to change I spose.

could probably pick up an iPod compatible, mp3/ etc alpine unit for a few hundred bucks
I'm not too worried because as you say you can get a decent head unit nowadays for a few hundred bucks, but if i could of got the Kenwood one fitted for free i would of took it

Plus with a double-din unit taking up the centre console i would have had nowhere to put my sunglasses
Old 30-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Azzuri at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLM
it's plain and clear in the brochure, and on the subi web site.

I'm guessing it was just a revision/update at some point.

the 07' that i test drove at the dealer had the old single-din deck... then I found in the brochure it's sposed to be the kenwood 2-din... I didnt make a fuss about it.... then when I went to pick my car up from the dealer, it had the new unit in it.

They did have to bring my car in, as 'urban grey' isnt a big seller. Having said that, the dude at the dealership said that they'd sold two subaru's in the colour since seeing mine on the showroom floor (was on display for two days). I guess rarer considering the colour was only introduced when the WRP10 came out (as far as I know)

be sure to post your findings! maybe get some dates info on the vehicles with the change, etc.

According to Subaru OsbornePark I was the first to take delivery of a MY07 (and the first in Urban Grey). I think it's a brialliant colour, really suits the look of the car. For the first 3 months, my co workers talked about how hot the car looked.

At the time of purchase, the net showed the stereo as being the single din deck.

I might give Subaru a call see what they say...

Tags
easy, integration, ipod, my07, wrx