Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Evolution R
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

phoenix at standard level

Got mine the other day and fitted no problems. I did forget to swap the flat headed silver screw with the allen key top with the original bolt so the bracket on the left side for the pipe that you move down wasnt sitting flush because of the protruding bolt head.I wondered where it went when I looked at it and I cant read Japanese. I had to remove and re fit. Just a little tip.

How much is the equivalent strut bar for the rear 05 WRX ???

Last edited by phoenix; 15-12-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 15-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Hey well done with the install! Post up some pics if you can.

Cusco Rear Strut bar Type OS for GD is $225.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Got mine the other day and fitted no problems. I did forget to swap the flat headed silver screw with the allen key top with the original bolt so the bracket on the left side for the pipe that you move down wasnt sitting flush because of the protruding bolt head.I wondered where it went when I looked at it and I cant read Japanese. I had to remove and re fit. Just a little tip.

How much is the equivalent strut bar for the rear 05 WRX ???
Old 15-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Thanks Mao,

Might look at a rear brace in the new year, do you normally stock them or order them in.

Took some pics quickly with the camera phone so not great but gives you an idea of how it looks.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00567-1.jpg   DSC00568-1.jpg   DSC00569-1.jpg   DSC00572-1.jpg   DSC00565-1.jpg  

Old 15-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Photos are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

New stock of Cusco front and rear OS strut braces arriving end next mth by ship.

Quote:
Thanks Mao,

Might look at a rear brace in the new year, do you normally stock them or order them in.

Took some pics quickly with the camera phone so not great but gives you an idea of how it looks.
Old 26-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Mao,

Just wondering. I was having a clear up today and found the cardboard bit that seals up the top of the plastic bag that the strut bar comes packed in.

Apart from 99.9% of it being in Japanese there is one part on the top on the rear side that says in English:

" This product is designed for use in Japan only. It must not be used in any other country"

Is this part legal on my car. What happens if I have an accident and this is found to be an illegal part on my car???

Can you advise please.

Thanks
Old 26-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Hi again,

Evolution R imports all JDM parts straight out of Japan from our warehouse in Fukuoka Japan. I think the written part is pretty self explainatory and all JDM parts including HKS, Apexi and Blitz all have this written in their product pages.

Although I see no reason how the Cusco strut bar will be illegal or cause an accident; but if in doubt and you are worried about technicalities and legalities, I would advise you to bring it over the pits and have it inspected and get a written approval.

Regards,
Mao
Old 28-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
Hi again,

Evolution R imports all JDM parts straight out of Japan from our warehouse in Fukuoka Japan. I think the written part is pretty self explainatory and all JDM parts including HKS, Apexi and Blitz all have this written in their product pages.

Although I see no reason how the Cusco strut bar will be illegal or cause an accident; but if in doubt and you are worried about technicalities and legalities, I would advise you to bring it over the pits and have it inspected and get a written approval.

Regards,
Mao
Mao,

When you say "the written part is self explanatory" then technically any part that has this on it, including all those other JDM companies you mention, should not be fitted to cars outside Japan then without a pit inspection? Or would that apply to any after market part, no matter where it is from, that is fitted to a car?

My concern was not that it may cause an accident but if it was found to be a part that should not be fitted to the car it would then give the insurance company a reason to refuse a claim.

Sorry if I am being a pain in the arse but this is interesting because I am sure there are heaps of people, including myself, with parts from these manufacturers and others that havent been over the pits and I am sure most people are probably not that bothered.
Old 28-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Hi again,

Cusco products and designs are all registered with ASEA as can be seen on the tag stuck on your strut brace.

However, to be safe, bring it over the pits and get a written approval. Also in regards to other brands and parts, with or without anything written on them, I will also tell you to do the same thing.

Why do I say this?
This is a country governed by laws. And by law, you can be yellow stickered for anything that the traffic cop deems unfit for road use, so if you have a written approval from the pits, it will be a no show.

Evolution R works with a few insurance companies and we have also done work for companies such as Just Car who will also add your Cusco strut brace onto your insurance policy should it be damaged in an accident.

The Cusco strut brace will not affect your insurance policy in any way --- I had to wait till today to verify with the accessors that work with us.

But from a legal point standpoint, do contact your insurance company and get something in writing if you are worried.

To have the best of both worlds: Keep your daily as a stockie and buy a race car on the side with CAMs license.

Regards,
Mao

Quote:
Mao,

When you say "the written part is self explanatory" then technically any part that has this on it, including all those other JDM companies you mention, should not be fitted to cars outside Japan then without a pit inspection? Or would that apply to any after market part, no matter where it is from, that is fitted to a car?

My concern was not that it may cause an accident but if it was found to be a part that should not be fitted to the car it would then give the insurance company a reason to refuse a claim.

Sorry if I am being a pain in the arse but this is interesting because I am sure there are heaps of people, including myself, with parts from these manufacturers and others that havent been over the pits and I am sure most people are probably not that bothered.
Old 28-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Thanks Mao,

It would be nice to have the money to have a dedicated track car sitting in the garage.

One powerball eh!
Old 28-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Yup, don't we all.

Quote:
One powerball eh!

Last edited by mao; 28-12-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Tags
brace, braces, brake, built, coilovers, cusco, forester, front, gd, heat, mounts, productsstrut, radiator, sg, shield, shroud, stopper, strut, turbo, wrx or sti