Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Evolution R
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level
Default STD Coilovers, Brake Kits, Twin Plate Clutch Kit

Hi P.WRX,

It seems that the STD coilover thread has been removed illegally without the Tuna's knowlege. Unfortunately, countless of hours of posts and useful information has been lost.

STD suspension has been a big hit with P.WRX and I thank you guys for the support. Regardless, I will be will be rebuilding this thread soon, as I have all the pics stored in my hard-drive.

Statement from STD Suspension Australia:
- We will provide you with the best quality suspension at the most competitive price.
- We strive to provide you with the ultimate sales and after-sales support with full workshop support.

After consulting with Tuna and before I start rebuilding this thread, I will lay out a few simple requests:
- Please PM me if you have some unfriendly remarks as I will immediately delete the post/s (I have also consulted with Tuna over this)
- All questions will be PM-replied if necessary and if deemed unfriendly, will be removed immediately.

Thank you P.WRX. See you when I get back from Japan.

Thread Restart:

We are the Australian Distributor for STD Coilovers.

I have dealt with numerous companies in Taiwan for the last ten years (in search of an honest quality coilover that wouldnt stretch the pockets of the working Aussie) including D2 (which is the same as Ksports and G4) with which I spent 250k, with disastrous results. Good thing Just Jap took over the scene and took over the distributorship, otherwise I would be living a lie forever.

STD suspension however will be here to stay. I spent 10 yrs researching the Japanese coil-over manufacturing plants and finally with the receivership of a certain Jap company, I managed to hope on board to STD. This suspension is manufactured in Taiwan with all Jap components except the patented scaled monotube housing.

As to the quality of the suspension, I will say 'Greddy' if you know what I mean.

I will be updating with more information, pics and installations on WRX, STi, Liberty and Forresters as we go along.

We have taken 3rd place in the last time-attack challenge in Indonesia 2 wks ago at Sentul Raceway Jakarta, in a Tomei-powered GDB STi, won the Anti-lag R comp NA time attack couple weeks ago at Barbegello in a 1989 139hp EF Civic (hard to believe in a time of 59s -- going for 57s after spoon computer and safc tune) and numerous races in Japan including the Autobacs cup.

STD Skyline in Formula Drift Asia held in conjuction with F1 Singapore. Location: Singapore

STD A31 powering its way to victory in Indonesia's Driftbash.

Another Podium Finish at the Time attack at Sentul Racetrack Jakarta in a Tomei Powered GDB STi

STD sponsored Honda EF Civic on its way to take the Antilag Time-attack R-comp crown at Barbegello in a time of 59s. (after the recent dyno tune via a Spoon ecu, this car is doing 57s) Check out the front brake discs!

Evo 8 powered by STD suspension at the recent Classic Challenge

Please go to: :: corporate :: | Standard Suspension [Std Suspension] - 2010 Sema Show Promotionnal Video on Vimeo

We stock the following for Subaru. P.WRX members prices include in-house installation, set-up and full laser 4-wheel alignment:
1) Subaru Impreza GC8 WRX/STi --- $1350
2) Subaru Impreza GDA/GDB WRX+STi --- $1350
3) Subaru Impreza GR WRX + GRB STi --- $1350
4) Subaru Impreza GH WRX/Sti --- $1350
5) Subaru Forrester SG --- $1250
6) Subaru Forester SH --- $1250
7) Subaru Legacy/Liberty BC/BD/BG --- $1250
8) Subaru Legacy/Liberty BL/BP --- $1250
9) Subaru Legacy/Liberty BR/BM --- $1250

P.WRX members prices include 18mths warranty with free delivery for Eastern States and free installation on the state-of-the-art 4-wheel alignment for West Aussies.
Group buy for Perth and eastern states can be arranged: minimum of 5 sets at a further discounted rate of $100
I am also looking to sponsor a R35 GTR.
Interstate P.wrx members pls approach my NSW distributor Australian Racing Technologies for your orders.
You can contact Daniel Pirozzi at - www.artperformanceparts.com

For more info please go to Australian distributor www.evolution-r.com.au, Indonesian Distributor TRS, Technikart Racebreed Studio, ViPEC, STD, Standard Suspension, STD Suspension, ECU, coil, suspension, modifikasi, drift and USA distributor www.stdsuspension.com

We are the largest stockist of coilovers in Australia for the last 10yrs mainly doing supply to retailers. As such, we are able to provide you with proper after-sales service. Unfortunately, we do not want our products to be prostituted like the rest of the other brands so we have appointed very few but reputable distributors.

These are some of the stock we keep in our showroom:

The suspension has:
- Patented scaling system for accurate height adjustments.
- 12-pt dampening adjustment (I dont understand how ppl can go 36pts).

Patented scaling system for accurate height adjustments:

Forged Aluminium Top Mount with Damper adjustment:

Famous Japanese drivers and STD suspension advocates who are involved in this are as follows:

Keiichi Tsuchiya

Popular Option Japan DVD drivers: Akira Lida (Japan GT/ JTCC / D1GP) and Komogata (HKS D1GP and JTCC):

Cars powered by STD suspension:

We now stock the new STD Twin Plate Clutch with Lightened Flywheel kit, developed for easy engagement, driveability and is less harsh on the gearbox. P.WRX $1200.

STD Twin plate clutch kits has the followng features:
1. Cover Assembly: Material is aluminium-alloy
2. Each Ceramic Friction Disc is 200mm
3. Surface finish: Sand Blasted
4. Lightened Flywheel: Material is Forged Steel
5. One of the major features is the six black extensions connecting the Pressure plate to the Lightend Flywheel which holds the whole assembly together. These extensions are made of S45C medium-carbon steel with heat treatment.

We have just installed this in a GC8 STi 6Spd and will update more pics shortly.

Product:

MORE details and pics will be added.

Last edited by mao; 08-02-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: More info + resize pic
Old 08-03-2012, 10:33 PM
STI Master

MattuZ at standard level
Send a message via MSN to MattuZ

keep up the good work mao
Old 08-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

Interesting.. Gotta love the haters.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 PM
STI Master

norwest_rumbler at standard level

wtf? that was an interesting thread & seems to be a great deal too.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

kid at standard level

Wtf indeed....

Keep on keeping on Mao!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Should easily be able to grab it from a database backup.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM
STI Master

norwest_rumbler at standard level

any interest for a new group buy?

the prices for the old group buy in the old thread looked great.

either way, got a set for GD wrx in stock? (10/8 springs) how long to install? (without corner weighting)

looking forward to seeing those pics again.
cheers
Old 13-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

ur-a-bus at standard level

+1 for another group buy! I missed the last one.

Mao, your prices on the Coilovers are still going to be the same as before I presume?
Old 13-03-2012, 07:13 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Kiiz at standard level

im in on group buy if it goes through
Old 13-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Some info updated. Will update more as time allows. Thanks

Last edited by mao; 13-03-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Tags
brake, clutch, coilovers, kit, kits, plate, products, std, tax audit time, twin, tyres